Chapter 13 "The End Of The War"

(As Toshiro, Kiba, The Captain of First Squadron, and his assistant captain ran outside to where the battle was being fought. Scare-Beak cut them off. He smiled at Kiba, but spoke to the soul reapers that stood by her.)

I gave you a fair changes to surrender, but you choose death instead.

This battle is not needed Scare-Beak. I’ve talked with Kiba and have found out the truth about what really happened that day. We can put all of that behind us and start over as allies and friends once more.

It’s far too late for that! 200 years too late! The only way to end this is to fight.

Your wrong Scare-Beak.

(Scare-Beak narrowed his eyes at Kiba. Kiba just started back at him and with a strong voice spoke what she at been trying to say for years.)

We don’t have to fight with our brother soul reapers. It’s true not many of them like us or even trust us, but that’s the same for us as well. There are soul reapers out there that are willing to accept us as their friends again and put an end to this blood shed. So why can’t you?

Why? Why you ask? You out of anyone should know why! It was you that they accused of killing one of them. It was you that they tried to kill that day. It was you who they wanted, but we didn’t let them have you. And yet, you chose them over your own people! For that, you will die with them. Phantom Fox. A traitor that dies with other traitors. And it looks like I’ll have to be the one to take you out.

(And with those works spoke Scare-Beak transformed himself into a phoenix and launched himself at Kiba. Kiba jumped out of the away and took off. Toshiro came running after her, only to be cut off by Moon-Beam. First Captain and his assistant were in the midst of their own fights, just as the rest of the soul reaper society was.)

It doesn’t have to be this way.

Yes it does. (Lunches at Kiba once more with outstretched claws.)

(Kiba jumps out of the way and transforms into her new fox form and blows ice at Scare-Beak, who only flies higher to avoid the attack. Kiba take off run and spreads her wings out and takes off into the air. Scare-Beak lights his body on fire and flies right at Kiba.)

You had your changes to stand with us and what do you do? You through it away by becoming a soul pet and not doing as your told.

I told you that I was never going to give up being a soul reaper’s partner even if that meant turning my back on everything I’ve ever believed in.

(Kiba dodges Scare-Beak and moves in with her own attack. Scraping her digger sharp claws a crossed Scare-Beak’s back. He screeches out in pain and moves away from her. Kiba readies herself for another attack as Scare-Beak recovers from the blow and goes on the defensive.)

“Down On The Ground”

Captain!!

Rangiku! How is everyone holding up?!

They’re doing the best they can. (Looks around) Where’s Kiba?!

She’s fighting in the air!!

(Rangiku looks up and see’s the battle that is taking place in the air, but she can’t watch for long, because she herself is through into a fight of her own. He opponent is Moon-Beam and he’s not letting up on her in the least bit.)

You should pay more attention to your own fight.

I do, but I also watch my friend’s backs.

Tsk. I don’t see how any anreaper would want to be friends with you soul reapers. Especially after what one of you did years ago.