Chapter 9 "Seal Unlocked, Feelings Rising"

It’s about time you two got back.

Give us a break, Rukia.

It took the research department forever to figure out how to get that stupid collar off.

And how do we get the collar off?

All Toshiro has to do is slide the blade of his sword under the collar carefully and that should cut it off.

They said if that didn’t work then to contacted them and they would send someone out here to help find another way.

Well, we can at least give it a shot. After all, what’s the worse thing that could happen?

You don’t want me to answer that.

“Everyone looked at Kiba and just nodded. Toshiro took out his zanpaktou and slide it slowly under the sealment collar and cut it off of Kiba. It land on the ground with ease. Kiba and everyone else let out the breaths that they had been holding in.”

Well, that takes care of that.

Yah and no one got hurt. So now what?

Now we return to the world of the living and continue with our mission there.

Right Captain. Well you all heard him. Let’s get a move on.

“Everyone grumbled for a moment, but were glad to be back in the world of the living. Even I was glad to be back and I had a new form that I could use to keep Toshiro and the others safe, that is if Toshiro will let me fight along side him and the others.”

Kiba.

Yes, Toshiro?

Are you alright?

Yes, I’m fine. One-Eye may have a bad temper at times, but he’s not one to hurt those he cares about. “At least not without a good reason, but I don’t need to tell him that.”

I see. *Smiles a bit* “I’m glad that she’s not hurt, so why do I have this feeling that I shouldn’t ever let her out of my site let alone let her leave my side for not even a second?”

(World of The Living)

It’s good to see you again, Kiba. How do you feel?

It’s good to see you as well and I feel just fine. *smiles at the shop keeper*

That’s good to hear. By the way, I noticed that we haven’t had any trouble with the other Anreapers. Do you think they gave up?

Nope. Their just waiting for the right time. Which is why we have to be ready for anything. Right, Toshiro?

(Toshiro just nods and gets ready for training, because today he and Kiba are going to see what her new form can do.)

So how are you two going to find out what that new form of yours is capable of, Kiba?

Toshiro and I are going to scrimmage a bit and see what happens as we go along.

Scrimmage?

In other words Renji their going to fight each other and see what happens as the fight progress on.

I know that, but don’t you two think that there is a safer way than that.

*Toshiro and Kiba together* NO!

Wow captain. You and Kiba said that in unison. Are you two reading each other’s minds or what?

Let’s get started.

Right. The sooner the better. *Smiles at Toshiro, who blushes a bit and nods.*

Wow. Look at them go.

Indeed. Their both ice users so their relining on their ice power to test the rest of their skills, but I wander.

Wander what?

Well, before Kiba became Toshiro’s Anreaper partner, she was a fire user. So I wonder if she can still you her fire power of if the ice power she got from Toshiro cancels it out completely.

I didn’t know Kiba was a fire user.

Oh yes. She’s a fire user, but its whether or not she can still use that flame of her is what decides whether or not she is still a fire welder.

How do you we can find out if she’s still a fire welder?

Well, one way is to have her try and use your fire power. If she can still create a flame, then she is still a fire welder but also an ice welder as well.

And if she can’t make a flame?

Then she is just an ice welder.

Hey where did they go?

Huh?!

Captain!? Kiba?!

*Boom!!!*

What was that?!

(Toshiro and Kiba both reaper out of nowhere and are laying on the ground unconcise.)

What the hell just happened?! Captain!?!

(Later)

Hey how do you two feel?

Fine.

Can someone tell us what happened?

That’s what we were going to ask you two?

(No one spoke. Toshiro and Kiba looked at each other almost as if to say they knew what had happened but they didn’t want to let it be known to anyone, not even themselves.)

So what now, Captain?

(Toshiro looks over a Rangiku) Now we go on patrol and then head home for the night.

Alright sounds good to me!

(Everyone got into groups of at least four and headed out for patrol, but what they all couldn’t wait for was just to go home and sleep. All except for Toshiro and Kiba. They two of them had wanted to talk with each other and confirm what they had found out in what seamed to be a dream.)

(Toshiro’s room)

Hey Kiba?

Yes, Toshiro?

Right before the blast, I thought I heard a voice similar to yours.

The same thing happened to me. I thought I heard a voice that sounded a lot like yours.

(Toshiro sits up and looks into Kiba’s eyes. Those eyes that mirror his own.)

Kiba. How do you really feel about me?

Other than a friend?

Yes other than a friend.

I....I....I

(Toshiro just smiles as Kiba turns really red in the face. He leans forward and kisses her, then pulls back and says the three words that she was trying to get out.)

I love you, too.

(Kiba just smiles and blushes even more.)