Chapter 12 "Soul Fight"

Kiba wake up.

Huh? Oh, is something wrong, Toshiro?

No. I just wanted to talk to you for awhile.

(Kiba looked Toshiro in the eyes and could see that he was troubled by something.) Alright, what is it you want to talk about?

Your soul reaper partner before me.

Ok, what do you want to know?

Did you love him?

I did.

(Toshiro looks down.) I see.

Not in that way Toshiro.

(Toshiro looks up at Kiba) Then in what way?

I loved him as a brother, because that is how I saw him. I saw him as my older brother and he saw me as his little sister. We loved each other the way siblings would love each other. Nothing more nothing less.

(Toshiro smiled and lean toward Kiba and kissed her.) I don’t want to lose you Kiba. Not to anyone or anything.

I know that Toshiro and I don’t want to lose you either.

(Toshiro and Kiba stayed awake and just talked back and forth. It was the only thing they could do to reassure one another, that they would always be together and that nothing was going to tear the two of them apart again.)

“Alarm clock goes off”

I hate that thing.

No one likes alarm clocks Kiba, but we have to use them so that we get up on time and can get to where we need to be on time.

I still hate them.

(Toshiro only laughed a bit and then stepped out into the living room and was greeted by Rangiku and Orihime. Kiba came out behind him in her fox form and sat down on a pillow next to Orihime and waited for Toshiro to sit down and join them for breakfast.)

(Toshiro sits down and Rangiku pips in with some unexpected news.)

Oh yah, Captain. The first squadron Latinate contacted me and told me that the captain of first squad want to meet Kiba and that you are to bring her to the Soul Society right away.

(Toshiro spits out the juice he was drinking and looks at Rangiku and narrows his eyes.) You couldn’t have told this to me sooner?!

You were still asleep when he called and I didn’t want to wake you or Kiba up just to let you know that. Besides, you don’t have to right now, wait till we meet with the others and tell them what’s going on then go Captain.

(Toshiro didn’t know what was worse. Taking Kiba to meet the captain of first squadron or Rangiku’s bad timing at letting him about and having to wait till the rest of the group knew what was going on.) Fine, but we better hurry. The first captain doesn’t like to be kept waiting for very long. “Not that I want to take Kiba anywhere near him or the Soul Society right. Especially with how soar our two Societies are to one another, but it looks like I don’t have much of a chose in the mater. Just have to be careful and keep my eyes out for trouble.”

Shall we be on our wait to meet up with the rest of the group then?

Yes, let’s get a move on. The soon we meet up with them the sooner we can depart for the Soul Society. “And the sooner we can return from there where Kiba is safe.”

Alright, Ichigo and the others should be at the Soul Shop by now, so all we have to do is just go catch up with them.

Right.