LII

Beyoncé

1 month later-
Manhattan, New York

"Wow, I feel like I haven't been here in years." I heard Bella say as we walked into our apartment. We were staying in New York for the week because of the trial. It should only take a few days really, if everything plays out right, but Jay and I decided to make a little trip out of it with our oldest two just for the fun of it. Blue was back in California with my mother because she had school this week.

"Well I've never been here but it looks real nice. I feel like I'm in Ikea or something." Jeremiah said. I laughed and set my purse on the table.

"Go unpack your things and meet me back in the kitchen when you're finished." I told them. "Jeremiah, baby, Jay will show you where your room is."

"Aight."

The three of them headed upstairs and I made my way to the kitchen. I'm glad I thought to send Sam early to restock the kitchen because I'm hungry as hell. These twins love to eat.

I decided to make myself a grilled cheese. Actually three, but who's counting. Plus these sandwiches are small as hell, one wasn't gonna fill me up. I grabbed my plate and set it on the counter while I cleaned up. I put the skillet and spatula in the dishwasher and wiped down the counters real quick. It wasn't that messy, but I like everything to be clean. Plus I knew I wouldn't feel like doing it later.

I spotted Bella and narrowed my eyes. She better not try it with me. I made these sandwiches for me myself and I only. Well and the twins of course. Mainly the twins.

Bella walked up to me and reached for my sandwich. I smacked her hand. See, I knew she would. Greedy ass.

"Ow!"

"Don't touch my food." I said. Bella rolled her eyes.

"Really? You have three."

"And none of them belong to you." I said while taking a bite. "Sorry not sorry."

"Wow."

I shrugged. She could pout all she wants, I'm not sharing my damn food.

"Isabella Carter, if you don't stop staring at me." I said while looking at my child. She looked like a sad puppy. Damn, was it that serious? "There is a kitchen full of food if you're hungry, you're welcome to make something."

"I don't feel like making anything." Bella said.

I looked at her like 'Ok and?'

"Mommy, pleaaassseeee." She whined. Oh my fucking God.

I grabbed my last sandwich and threw it at her. She caught it, but it would've been a shame if she hadn't.

"Did you have to throw it though?" Bella asked. I just looked at her. "Ok, ok, sorry."

I rolled my eyes.

Bella finished eating MY sandwich before getting up and hugging me tightly. "Love you mommy. Thank you for feeding me."

"Yeah yeah." I said and kissed her forehead. This little girl had the audacity to try and wipe it off. And after sacrificing my last sandwich for her greedy ass? Ok, I see how it is.