XLIV

Jay

"Shit!" I yelled, slamming my fist against the desk. I leaned back in my chair and rubbed my face, sighing in frustration.

"What happened?" I heard Julez ask. I looked over at him, debating if I should tell him or not. "Is it Bella?"

"Yeah man." I said. "We can't find her."

Julez's eyes widened. "What? Is she missing?" He asked.

I nodded and leaned forward, holding my head in my hands. "I think so." I said. I closed my eyes and tried to keep myself calm. I had a feeling Gina was going to strike again, and it's my fault for not dealing with her sooner. She's just so damn hard to find, I don't know where the fuck she's been, or even where she's at now.

"We'll find her Unc." Julez said. I felt his hand on my back and sat up. "Do you think something bad happened or she's just being stubborn?"

"I think something bad happened." I told him. "She wouldn't mess with us like this. Someone had to take her."

Julez's face fell. "Like... she got kidnapped again?" He asked slowly.

I nodded. "Yeah, man. I think she did." I stood up and grabbed my phone, leaving my office. Julez followed closely behind and I wrapped my arm around his shoulder so he could keep up. I walked to my security's office and told them what was up, and that I needed them to call down to the NYPD and have Detective Union come up here. After that I called up my assistant and told her to have a tweet announcing Bella's disappearance saved in my drafts. I had to call Bey first, then after meeting with the Detective Union and having an amber alert sent out I would tweet it.

We rode the elevator down to the first floor and sat in the waiting area by the receptionist's desk. Julez was playing some game on his phone and I was staring off into space, trying to figure out what we were going to do. Gina hid our daughter in plain sight for thirteen years, who knows what the fuck she had planned this time.

I looked up at the tv hanging on the wall and saw the news was on. There was too much shit going on in the world right now, too many murders and bombings and deaths. I didn't want to see it. I was about to cut it off when something caught my eye.

I grabbed the remote and turned it up.

".....Kenan Wiles, a New York City resident, was found dead in a hotel room located somewhere in the Bahamas. Police say Wiles was strangled and then shot in the head. They currently have no suspects in custody, but will release a statement when they do. Back to you, Julia."

I stared at the television blankly.
Kenan Wiles was the man I hired to drive Bella to the airport in the Bahamas.

"Fuck." I breathed, rubbing my face with my hands. I took several deep breaths before pulling out my phone to call Beyoncé.

*****

Beyoncé

"Shhh, shhh. Bey, calm down boo." Solange stroked my hair as I cried at the top of my lungs. I knew I'd probably lose my voice soon, or do some extreme damage to my vocal chords, but I didn't care. I would scream and cry all I wanted. I was devastated and scared and confused. I didn't understand how Gina managed to ruin my life a second time, but it happened.

"She took my baby." I sobbed into Solange's lap. "She took my baby again. How am I gonna get her back? I should've never let her leave." I cried, choking on my own sobs.