10: Walks (Pt. 1)

A/N: All chapters now have fan art included! Please go check it out, reread your favorites, and support the artists! For any credit correction, please PM me (I miss a lot of comments so I want to make sure I see your message/concerns). Thank you!!

*

TW: Mild Internalized Homophobia

The way her hand touches her hand as they're walking down the street. She cares for her. Loves her.

Nicola is absolutely in a trance, cupid's arrow in her heart when she sees Wilma. But it's not real, nothing about love is real. Love is just the romanticization of your fantastical delusions.

Wilma smiled up at Nicola as their hands brushed again on the way to a local cafe. Nicola has a light pink blush, but otherwise doesn't acknowledge it, afraid she'd be seen as a freak for liking another girl.

Once at the cafe, Wilma suddenly breaks away and walks to the back where a group of girls were snickering. She looks back at Nicola, almost apologetically, and suddenly all of the girls turn to look at her. They begin laughing, pointing and calling out at her.

Nicola tenses up, afraid to run away but also afraid to start a fight. She just watches them, unsure of what to do. Did Wilma walk her into a trap? Was this all... a joke? Did Wilma even like her, is this the true reason why she was invited?

 a joke? Did Wilma even like her, is this the true reason why she was invited?

Art by ryft on Wallpaper Cave