2: Books

Y/N=Your Name
Y/E/C=Your Eye Color

[Y/N] whispers to herself while reading Beauty and the Beast. It was a magical tale, and the original, in her opinion, is the best version in the world! Gods, she might even be a fangirl sometime in the future.

Her reading was disrupted when Nicola and Wilma walked by, smiling and teasing and holding hands. [Y/N]'s heart dropped. Nicola was so beautiful, her pale skin against her dark clothes was a contrast of light and dark, which is what showed within herself as well. [Y/N] admits it to herself every morning she wakes up feeling her heavy heart, she loves Nicola. She looks in the mirror every day, and sees her [Y/E/C/] eyes and dreams of the day Nicola calls them her gems.

But that day will never come. Wilma and Nicola are meant to be together, whether [Y/N] can do anything about it or not. Yeah, it breaks her, but she smiles for Nicola. Yeah, it kills her, but she encourages Nicola. Yeah, it pushes her through Hades, but she even helps their relationship.

"Hey, [Y/N]!" Wilma waves with a wide grin.

[Y/N] waves back, "Hi."

They continue walking, nudging each other and talking about couple-y things.

Ouch. [Y/N] thinks. She doesn't get it, why can't Nicola see that she's longing for her? Ever since they arrived at camp 4 years ago, she's been falling crazy hard for the daughter of Hades.

The gods, specifically Aphrodite, must be laughing her butt off at [Y/N]. [Y/N] took one last look at her crush, happy without her, and continued reading by herself. Belle just might be the only girl she'd ever have to herself.

*

"There is no worse feeling than sitting right next to the person who means the world to you, knowing you mean nothing to them."

Art by Kelsy Lebron

Art by Kelsy Lebron