chapter 25

SCOTT'S POV

I don't know how else to describe the words that came out of Mitch's mouth other than saying that it felt like the world was closing in on me. The walls seemed to be rushing towards me and the ceiling felt like it was dropping. I'm glad Mitch had told me to sit down, for if I were standing I would've fallen straight to the ground.

"I should've told you when I'd first found out that she was your mother." Mitch mutters.

"You should've." My throat is chalky. "Then I never would've gotten so close to you. Then I never would've been capable of loving you." Mitch's face softens.

"You.. You love me?" He whispers.

"I loved you." Another tear escapes his eye. Somehow I'm incapable to make any tears show up. "Tell me about that night."

He makes a questioning look on his face but speaks anyways.

"That night, I was tired of Mike and the others calling me weak, telling me I was worthless. I wanted to prove I belonged in the group. I obviously don't. We saw you and your mother, and Mike had planned to shoot you both. When he had aimed, he'd said, 'Mitch, this is how it's done'. I stole the gun from his hands and shot your mother for him. He wanted to shoot at you, but was too focused on the fact that I'd murdered someone. He was so.. proud. I have problems, Scott. A couple months ago I would've done anything to get Mike's attention, but now I'm more independent. I still have problems."

What am I supposed to think? I will never be able to forgive and forget.

He walks towards me and attempts to put his arms around me.

"Get off of me!" I bark. He flinches, but keeps trying to hold me. I don't want his hands on me. I don't want him anywhere near me. "Leave me alone! I don't want you anywhere near me again. I wish I'd never met you!" He is still holding onto me, but his grip falters at those words.

"GET OFF!" I scream. I shove him back, and he trips on his feet and falls to the ground. His mouth hangs open and he stares at the ground, not looking back at me as he heads upstairs.

I've turned into a monster. I never wanted to hurt Mitch.

But you can't un-shove, you can't un-yell, you can't un-say.

I'll never be the same.  

Thanks for reading and please keep voting, commenting and reading! Stay f'cute!

~Cassie :)