chapter 14

Mitch and I head up to bed for the night, after spending a long while cleaning every drop of blood out of that pile we were handed. We slide into the sheets and we get into our usual cuddling position, but this time there is a different tension there, now that we both know the other is still finding themselves, which has to mean we've both had feelings for the other at one point or the other.

Crazy, right? 

That means Mitch has probably studied me in my sleep like I've done to him, that means he's probably had me on his mind whenever I'd caught him zoning out. 

"Um.. Scott?" Mitch whispers.

"Yes, Mitchie?"

"Have you ever thought about me?" My heart stops. What do I say? Of course I've had him on my mind, but if I say yes, will I sound obsessive? 

"What do you mean by that?" I ask. Good thing the lights were off, or he would be able to see how red my face is. 

"Like, am I ever on your mind? Do you find yourself thinking about me when I'm not there?" 

I decide to be honest. 

"Of course." I say. Mitch smiles into my shoulder. 

"I like to think about you too." He traces my jaw and plants kisses where he's traced, landing a final peck on my collarbone.  

"What do you like about me?" I whisper as I run my hand through his hair. 

"I like.." He bites on his lip as he pretends to struggle for an answer.

"I like your smile." He taps my lips. "I like your eyes." He taps my temple. "I like your hair, a lot actually." He feels the tips of my blonde hair. "I like how caring you are, how in thought you always seem to be. I like your voice, your laugh, I like the way you rub your shoulder when you're nervous." 

He laughs that beautiful laugh as he realizes I was rubbing my shoulder the whole time he was talking. Whoops.

"Tell me what you like about me. Raise my self esteem, Scottie." 

I don't have to think about what comes first.

"First of all," I say. "I love your laugh. It's the loveliest laugh I've ever heard. I like your tattoos, your piercings, your dark bangs. I like how we cuddle, that we fit perfectly together."

He laughs as he takes that last part wrong. 

"I like how flirty you are, I like how you tease me, but I also like how mysterious you can be. I like you, I like you a lot, Mitchell." 

"You are NOT supposed to call me that!" He yells through a laugh.

"Mitchell..." I tease. "Mitchell, over the past two or three weeks I've been here.."

"Two weeks and five days." He corrects me. 

"Mitchell, over the past two weeks and five days I've been here, I think I've fallen in-"

I'm stopped as Mike darts into our room, and right as he opens the door Mitch untangles himself from me and goes to the opposite side of the bed.

"Wake up!" Mike looks terrified. "We've had a detective stop by, and she has a warrant to search the house!" 

Thanks for reading! I couldn't stop smiling while writing this chapter, it's so cute ;). Keep reading to see how the house search goes. Please keep reading, voting and commenting!

~Cassie :)