Sugar Daddy

"I'm going to need to stay after hours, I want you in on this meeting." My boss came around and slapped me on the shoulder making me jump and I nodded me head turning back to my computer.

This could mean one of two things, either he's going to tell me how shit I am at this job, or I'm going to get a promotion.

Of course I hoped for the latter, a bigger income means more money for fancy dinners. And the chance to move out of my brothers apartment.

"Alright ladies, let's talk about the elephant in the room." Everyone side eyed each other in the room, I don't have a clue as to what he was talking about. "As you know my retirement is coming up within the next year."

Holy shit.

"Which means that all of you are eligible for my position." What even was his position? Make our lives a living hell?

"So within this year I'm going to need you guys to be on your A game, you don't get ins like this ever. And I chose all of you because I know you're all equally capable of having this job."

Six. Out of thousands of employees that work to publish the most popular newspaper in Los Angles only six of us were chosen to be the head of it all, and I was one of the six.

"You are all excused, I expect the best year out of all of you."

••••

"No, no don't you dare-" Florence looked at her phone in shock before putting her ear up to it again. "Excuse me? I did nothing wrong, you pompous ass, do me a favor and take a long walk off a short pier." She chucked her phone against the wall and as she was standing there huffing and puffing I knocked on the threshold to get her attention.

"Uh, am I interrupting?"

"Ross." She sighed in relief. "No, no, that was just, my dickhead ex." She shook her head and plopped down on the bed. "Sorry you had to hear that." She had her arms crossed over her face before snapping her head towards me. "Why were you late?"

"Oh, get off my back." I joked. "My boss is retiring by next year so me and five other people are in the ranks to get his position."

"Oh you're going to be like some, head hancho?" She stretched across the bed suggestively and I licked my lips at the sight.

"Yeah, he gave me a raise as well." I loosened my tie and ran a hand through my hair to get rid of the gel lock I had it in. "So I'm going to start looking at apartments soon."

Her body seemed to deflate and I looked up in confusion as she rolled over on her side to face away from me. "Guess my stay at Casa Lynch is coming to an end." She sighed.

Crawling on the bed beside her I practically laid my whole body on her. "What are you talking about?" I asked curiously.

"You're planning on moving, it's not like I could just stay here with your brother." She shrugged.

"You're moving with me, stupid. Gotta take everything I own right?" I kissed her cheek and she fought a smile.

"I'm going to ignore that comment." Finally she smiled bashfully at me hiding her face again. "You really mean it?" Her voice was muffled from the blanket she was hiding behind and I pulled it back so I could kiss her.

"Nah." I joked and she sprung up rolling me off of her and punching me in the arm making me groan in pain, "what the hell?"

She smirked at me as she got out of bed. "Don't play with my emotions, I'm fragile." Rubbing my sore arm I rolled my eyes.