Walmart Wine

I hate going to the apartment complex late. There's always some weird ass hobo who sits on the corner complaint about how his balls itch.

Currently my hands were occupied with strawberries. And wine.

Boxed wine... from Walmart.

I'm such a people pleaser.

I opened the door swiftly and saw Lun- I mean Florence asleep on the couch.

"Luna- Dammit - I mean Florence." I poked at her arm and she snapped he head up and whipped at her face quickly.

"Oh shit, I didn't mean to fall asleep!" She stood up panicked and stumbled forward and I dropped those damn strawberries. They were fucking organic too.

"Relax, relax." I lightly pushed her back down on the couch and sat on the coffee table across from her.

"I'm sorry. I know it's a shit apology but that's all I could really give you right now." She pushed her hair back and sniffled.

"You lied." I said simply.

"I know, and I already feel like shit." She remarked getting defensive.

"But I didn't try." I shrugged making her look at me curiously. "Let's be honest, our relationship revolves around sex."

"Good sex." She interjected.

"Yeah, anyways, it doesn't revolve around communication. And I'm just guessing that we're both not good at that." I laughed a bit an she did too and leaned her forehead towards mine.

She sucked in a deep breath before talking. "My real name is Florence Weber, and I was a foster kid from 7-18. My parents weren't good people, I have a half sister and a brother I still talk to every now and then, and that guy." Her eyes started to water and she leaned back to wiped her eyes and she laughed a bit. "That guy who kicked me out of the car was my boyfriend, well er, ex boyfriend Jonah."

I was about to say something but she cut me off. "I know that's a shitty apology and explanation, but that's really all I could give you." She said while looking down at her hands. "I'd understand if you kick me out." She spoke softly.

"I want to so bad." I teased. "But, I'd feel really shitty about it later, so how about we just cuddle up right here and watch some TLC?" I said while kicking my feet up on the table.

"TLC? What are you? A housewife?" She snorted ripping the remote from my hand. "We're watching, mmm, Top Gun!"

I looked at her for second as she got emerged into what was happening on screen and just smiled as I laughed.

***
Present

"God damn it, Ross! Open the fucking door!"

I rolled over onto my side and curled up into a ball at the sound of my eldest brothers voice.

"Are you seriously going to do something so stupid over a girl?" I sunk further in on myself at Rocky's voice berating me.

"Hey you asshole, I'm right here!" She yelled.

"Fuck off, you're the reason why we're in the mess. Just fucking go already!" I flinched at Rocky's voice yelling at Florence.

"I'm not leaving. Not without Ross." She said sternly. "I love him."

I didn't feel the irregular way my heart would every time she said that. I just felt numb.

"If you love him so much, then why is he hurting!?" My eyes widened at the sound of Riker yelling at her too. "How could you stand there and say that after all that you've done to him? All the fucking pain you put him through, and for what? Just for you to spit in his fucking face later on? I mean the level of maturity you put out is that of a seven year old. And yet you're still standing here fighting as if you had a fucking clue what you're doing. You don't love him. You can't possibly love him."

And this was the first time in days I felt something. I felt pain.

"You don't know me." She muttered. "You don't know how I feel, and you certainly don't know Ross the way I do. You don't know the impact we had on each other, and you definitely can't feel the crater in my heart from needing him. You can say whatever you want about me, but don't you dare say that I don't love that boy in there, because I do!"

The room was oddly silent and I heard someone sigh before Riker spoke.

"Why'd you do it then?"

I waited to hear her answer, but all I heard was a laugh.

"It always goes back to that doesn't it? No matter what, even if I get Ross out of that bathroom, even if he chooses to keep me, you guys will never accept me. I mean, I'm used to being rejected, but fact of the matter is, is that there's a possibility that I could make Ross happy, but if you keep holding this grudge it's all going to go down hill from here starting with his death."

I closed my eyes tightly and had my hands in tight fists. Shut up. I chanted in my head.

"He's not going to die, so quit talking as if he's already dead! If you cared you wouldn't be here causing him more pain!" Riker yelled at her again and I held my breath at the silence.

"I'm sorry Ross." I heard her whisper through the door as her footsteps carried off.

•••
:D I typed a long authors note for this but I accidentally hit backspace when I had the text highlighted.
So yeah xD