Kouzume Kenma - Vows

[Y/N] was happy. He felt so happy, he felt as if he were going to burst on where he was standing right now.

He made vows, permanent vows, with his love interest and best friend, Kouzume Kenma.

He was on the verge of tears as Kenma held his hands in his own as he spoke those words, those vows, that they promised never to break, they swore on their lives!

His hands were so warm, [Y/N] would never forget the feel of them.

His own hands, however, were shaking in anticipation, at the vows the both of them were going to say to each other.

In truth, he liked Kenma. No, he loved Kenma. More than a friend. It hurt him to no end that he can't immediately tell him his true feelings, but now, his chance is closer than ever.

[Y/N]'s smile widened as he heard Kenma's vows to him. It made him happy.

He opened his mouth to say something but nothing. He was far too happy to even create a cohesive sentence.

He was so happy, he had to leave the room.

He was so happy, he had to leave the building.

He was so goddamned happy, he had to leave the country.

Because guess what vows Kenma said to him?

"Promise me you'll be there for Tetsurou and I's wedding?"

He did end up going to said wedding, though it broke him endlessly. He was happy, why would you think any less?

He watched as Kenma walked down the ivory aisle that was sprinkled and littered with rose petals. He felt happy, because his best friend was going to be married!

Kenma reached to where a smiling Kuroo was standing, where Bokuto, his best man, was standing, where [Y/N] was standing. He was happy to be standing there.

The two held hands and looked at each other lovingly. They both had a smile on their faces. [Y/N] was so happy he couldn't help but smile too.

But his smile faltered a tiny bit when five words were said that made his heart shatter to pieces, but never made him unhappy.

"You may kiss the groom!"

He couldn't. He just couldn't. His smile broke once the reception started and he had to leave. No words were said.

He just had to leave because he was so unhappy.

[Y/N] cried in Sugawara's embrace. He couldn't. Did all those years mean nothing?

He questioned. He questioned why he couldn't be happy. Why he couldn't share his everlasting vows to Kenma.

Sugawara only looked at the broken male in his arms. His heart shattered in pieces.

He hugged him tighter.

comment on how i stomped on ur feelings, thanks c:

thanks to elladana2704 for helping me with the plot of this! she gave me the idea and i made it into this sad mess :))))

p.s. wow two in one day, must be christmas