Chapter 14

Sound of rushing water filled my ears as I waited for the tub to be filled. I showered and decided I'd take a dip to somehow ease my head from the maze of questions and bamboozlement.

I don't even know what the hell I'm saying.

Looking at my reflection, I'm paler than normal, skinnier than average. My eyes the color of the ocean looked so dull and lifeless. It's almost unfamiliar to me. But I also noticed the change from the bags under my eyes. They look normal. They're lesser and least noticeable.

But not the hunger.

A roar erupted from my stomach. I clutched it to lessen the pain. I don't need food. I need answers. Well, who am I kidding? I need food or I'm gonna die. But I also need answers or I'll die ignorant from all of what's happening.

Why is Mistress acting so strange? First, showing up in the Staffs' lounge then saying her chamber's now my room?

The world must have turned upside down.

It's not that I'm not glad, it's just that, what's happening right now seems to be from an alternate universe. All I've known is pain and abandonment and now I'm being taken care of.

With a sigh, I stepped foot in the tub and submerged my body with the relaxing temperature of the water. I hugged my knees to myself as I heard the door of the bathroom open followed by footsteps. I looked down at the water as I waited for the person to come near me.

I remembered a time from the past where I'm in this exact same position. A time before everything went down hill.

A woman with much uncanny resemblance as me walked in, "Why aren't you dressed yet? You've been sitting there for almost half an hour. The water's getting cold," she said as she took a sit at the side of the tub facing me.

I sighed, "Mom, if I get dressed... would it change the fact that you and dad are going to get divorced?" I peered at her as shock appeared at her aging visage.

"Who told you that?" She asked, putting her hand on top of my knees.

I bit the inside of my cheek, "I've seen you guys fight," I said as I tried to keep the tears at bay, "Also, I read the papers on your desk... while you were out this morning," I swallowed the lump that settled in my throat.

She retrieved her hand and shook her head, not directly looking at me, "Sweetie, it's just... it's not working anymore," she said as pain flashed in her eyes.

Lies.

"-gan," the warmth from a hand on my cheek brought me back to reality.

I looked at Mistress as she was kneeling beside me, "Sorry Mistress..." I murmured as I looked down. Heat spreading from my neck to the tips of my ears. I hugged my body tighter. Still not getting used to the fact that Mistress is actually talking to me or better yet having physical contact with me.

"I've been calling you, you seemed to be far away," Mistress stated with a soft smile.

"Sorry."

A giggle made me lift my head. My sight changing as it focused at the bubbly eyes of a boy. It came from my little brother. I smiled at him. At an early age, he can recite poems and scriptures from books. He's a bookworm and would like to be a journalist one day. I wish him the best.

With a toothed grin, "Hi Megan!" he said with too much enthusiasm.

"Hey little bud."

Coming back to my senses, I realized my brain is playing tricks on me, making me recollect memories I buried deep without an epitaph.

I wonder if I'm alright.

Taking a deep breath, closing my eyes, leaning my head to the warmth on my cheek, I let go an arm around my knees as I put it on top of the comforting hand. Weird enough, I felt a breath fan my face. Opening my eyes, a gasp left me as I stared at the most wonderful pair of eyes.

When did we got this close?

Heat ran down my body ending at my core as I discovered the fact that Mistress is too close for comfort. She seemed fine though, atleast for me.

Mistress bit her lower lip. It may be a normal thing to do but in her, it's so... sensual and... voluptuous. My mind instantly discarded the memories from before as it gave way in implanting the image before me.

I breathed out before closing my eyes, "Mistress," as I felt Mistress' soft lips kiss my forehead.

My face formed a frown. I didn't expect that. But I ain't ungrateful.

A giggle broke me out of my annoyed stupor. Her hand remained on my cheek before kissing me right beside my lips. I gasped, "Tease."

"Come on," She said before grabbing my hand up from the tub.

"Why?" Resistance and confusion filled me. I'm not confident of my body. Maybe she is. She's a goddess.

"I'm taking you out."

I furrowed my brows. Why?