1. The One & Only

Mulai dari awal

Their little stupid strut was interrupted as the bell cueing homeroom rung through out the halls, causing everyones ears to internally bleed. 

***

"Oliver Allen?" Mr. Chuck calls out, reading the attendance list. 

It's only 7:55 am Ashely, theres still more of the day to go, just try to stay unnoticed.

"Present of course, how could I miss a day like this." Oliver chuckles, acting as if he was going to be crowned king today or something. 

"I just need a one word answer Mr. Allen." I hear Mr. C mumble under his breath. Luckily I sit by the front of the class so I heard it. 

"Charles Howell?" 

No response.

"Tatiana Franklin?" He calls out, followed by a loud high pitched "here!"

"Stephanie Hilfiger?" 

"Yeah?" A clearly distracted Stephanie responds. 

Mr. Chuck continues to call out names but my ears tune out as something else catches my attention. I notice a crumpled up piece of note book paper on the floor. Being a nature lover myself I decide to make the right choice and pick up the paper. But also being the noisy girl that I am I proceed to uncrumble the paper and read the sloppy hand writing,

Jennifer, 

meet me in the abandoned teacher's lounge around 11.

Sincerely, Oliver ;)

Obviously my name isn't Jennifer but like I said, I'm noisy so I might just pay my 'friends' a visit today. 

"Ashely Jensen?" Mr. Chuck calls out, causing everyone to look around the room for me. Nobody can find me yet I'm sitting in the front.

"I don't she's here today?" A boy named Jimmy shouts out,

"No... I'm here." I mutter, raising my hand as I sink in my seat. 

The last thing I wan't right now is everyones eyes to be on me. I hear some gasps around the room as they take in my new appearance.  

I look down at my feet as I listen to the comments people make to their friends about me, thinking I can't hear because Mr. C is still calling out names. 

Do you think she lost all that weight because of what Chris said to her last year?

Ohmy gosh! She actually looks kind of  pretty without the triple chin.

Her style is still shitty but damn she lost all the fat except for the cake in her ass.

I always wanted to tap that except I was afraid I'd get suffocated, at least I won't have to worry about that now.

Yeah, kids can be cruel, I'm sure we all know that by now.

***

"Jennifer babe. Don't walk away from me!" I hear Oliver shout as I arrive at my destination. I see Jennifer already made the proper choice and fled the scene while I laughed to myself thinking of a way to make Oliver pissed off,

that was me and Anya's favorite hobby since Freshman year. 

"Well well well," I said, my voice echoing as I approached Oliver.

"Oh god, not you aga-" He began to say but was lost for words when he turned to face me, "Is that you Ashely?" Oliver gaped, staring at my body, causing me to cover my stomach feeling insecure.

"The one and only." I chuckle, taking a bow. I watched as Oliver grinned at me. I know I said we try to have nothing to do with them but annoying the hell out of them is the only thing we HAD to do with them but I guess Oliver suddenly has taken Interest in me.

"I was about to roast you but you're already smokin Jensen." He smirked as I scoffed. I can't tell if that was an insult or a compliment but I don't want to hear either from Oliver. 

"Go find somebody else Allen." I snarled, causing him to roll his eyes. 

"I was just kiddin, I wouldn't go for someone with no taste in clothes anyway." He cackled, trying to play it off or something like that, I watched as he lazily ran a hand through his messy brown hair awkwardly. Silence broke up between us two, the empty halls making the awkward tension stronger by the second. Thankfully the bell signaling lunch time came and the doors to each classroom swung open, causing students to flood the halls. 

"I should get to lunch." I murmur, awkwardly as he just stares at me. I know he feels the awkwardness in the air as well. 

"Yeah..." Oliver whispers, walking to the cafeteria, I follow behind him at a slower pace till I find Anya so we can get in line for our disgusting calorie filled school lunch.

Once me and Anya got our food we sat down at a smaller table, just me and her as usual. Anya and me weren't per-say popular. 

Anya had glasses and a lisp, and I used to be 'heavy' and apparently I have no style according to many. 

We sat alone and walked the halls alone for many years, there used to be three of us but that soon turned into two after he moved.

"So you're saying nobody even recognized you?" Anya exaggerated, a surprised look on her face. I roll my eyes remembering the scene in Mr. Chucks Homeroom. 

"Yeah, even Oliver was surprised." I replied, whispering the last part but I'm pretty sure she heard me.

"Oliver Allen?!" Anya exclaimed, throwing her hands up as she squealed."At least he's not calling you fat anymore." She added, causing me to look down in embarrassment. 

"At least he's not calling you brace face anymore." I snap. I watch as she puts her head down in shame. Yeah what goes around comes around, number one fact in life. 

"Sorry..." She mumbles, I sigh.

"Yeah same." I whisper.

***

"How was your day today?" My dad grumbles as he picks at his dinner. I just shrug as a response. The rest of the day kind of went by uneventfully, thankfully.

"Those boy's didn't make fun of ya, right?" He asked in a low tone. I shook my head no, not wanting to mention the whispers I heard in homeroom. "Good." He huffed. I saw my mom glancing at me.

After the awkward dinner I decided to head over to the mall with Anya. It was only 5pm, yeah I know I eat dinner early but it's just because dad has to go to work around 6 and my mother want's quality family time. 

"We need to get you a makeover Ashely!" Anya squealed, running into PINK. I sighed, lowering my head as we walked into the colorful store. 

"What about you?" I ask her, referring to the whole makeover thing. "I thought I looked fine..." I mutter to myself. She didn't hear me say it, thankfully. I watched as my best friend walked over to a rose colored sweatshirt with the big bold branding PINK on the back. 

"Trust me, I already did shopping for myself, it's your turn now. I must admit Anya has way better style than me. But almost everyone has better style than me considering I wore sweatpants to the first day of my Senior year today.

I sighed as she chucked the sweatshirt and a few pairs or shorts at me, I made my way to the dressing room when I bumped into a oh so familiar yet repelling face,

Oliver

A/N: Sorry the chapter is short, just wanted to get out the whole idea of the book, plotting out the characters, etc. Also this chapter is unedited so comment if there's any mistakes I need to fix and the song lyrics don't exactly match the chapter haha but I just love this song.