1. The One & Only

Song: The Cure

Artist: Lady Gaga

Chapter One: "The One & Only"

-

I brush my long chestnut colored hair out of my face, 

will they even recognize me?

All I notice as I stare at myself in the mirror is that I can't even recognize myself. The cons of having a boot camp trainer as your dad also comes with perks, such as having him force you to work out every hot sweaty summer day for two hours when you should be eating ice cream in front of your television. 

In the end it was worth it though, considering I lost 47 pounds and my double chin. I don't even feel like going to school today to be honest. I'm too afraid everyone will still make fun of me. 

"ASHELY!" I hear the life drained voice of my very own mother call my name from downstairs. I groan loudly and fall back onto my bed. 

"What?!" I shout back, annoyed and not in the mood to have her drive me to school this early. I scoff as I get no reply. That most likely means she didn't even hear me. I throw on grey sweatpants and an oversized hoodie and proceed to walk downstairs. 

"Ashely?" I hear my mom say my name again, her voice coming from the living room. I step into her view as my dog Levi attacks my legs. I roll my eyes and wait for her to scold me for 'not answering her when she said my name'. "Next time reply when someone is speaking to you." She complains, I just stand there and shrug, not really knowing what to say. 

"Can we go to school now?" I ask, sick of waiting. First day of senior year and I'm prepared for whatever it throws at me. Well not really prepared but yeah you know. 

I'm as prepared as I can be for the name calling and bullying, like every other year.

***

"Hey hot stuff." My best friend Anya greets me as I attempt to unlock my locker. The one perk of our friendship is that we always get to talk about the juicy drama in between classes since our lockers were coincidentally next to each other. 

"Hey bitch." I return her greeting, smirking at her. I watch as she takes in my new weight. I must admit I'm proud of myself for not gaining all the weight I lost already. I catch Anya chuckling to herself at my pet name for her. 

"I wish I was as cute as a female dog." Anya jokes, winking at me. I laugh at her terrible joke, proceeding to roll my eyes. Why must I find terrible humor funny, only god must tell me why cause even I myself don't know the answer to that.

"Yeah you wish." I sneer, my smirk growing but it immediately retreats as I hear the clunking of combat boots turning the corner. Oh god not those guys. By those guys I mean the school's three musketeers or as I call them,

bad, baaaad, and badder. 

Bad being Noah James, typical ladies man, adorable jock who is always wearing his varsity jacket. 

Baaaad with specifically four a's being Oliver Allen who's known around the school as the big mean bully, always starting fights over nothing. The chicks still dig him though, mostly for his looks.

Let's not for get Badder, who's none other than Nathan Fuller. In all groups of  bad boys there is ALWAYS your leather loving, rock n roll obsessed,motorcycle driving hottie. Yeah, that was your basic summary of Nathan. 

The girls loved them, the boys envied them, the teachers hated their guts, and me and Anya wanted nothing to do with them. 

As they walked by the hall fell silent, the only sound anybody could hear was the sound of their shoes clacking against the hard cold floor. Me and Anya both rolled our eyes into the back of our heads and the girls whistled at them.