Chapter 3: First Kiss and More

Amethyst P.O.V
I walk down board walk with Vidalia and we see the gems in a huge fight. "Woah! Gotta go Vidal, see ya later!" I say as I turn into a cheetah and speed over to the gems. I run as fast as I can to the huge gem monster while also lightly laughing at the screams of the terrified people. I jump and land on the corrupted gems back. It lets out a painful roar as my claws go into its back. Suddenly, I feel as if I'm going into its back, it's so sticky, I'm sinking deeper, I can't breathe.

Garnet P.O.V
"Steven! Cover me while I save Amethyst!" I yell over the screams and roars of the beast. "Yes ma'am!" Steven says as he covers my end to make a clear shot for me to run, jump, and save her. Then, I see her come up and go down while yelling, luckily I hear her before she completely goes down, or so I thought. "Garnet! Help! Too........sticky!! Need........heat........can't.......breathe." Was the last thing I read her lips say before she went completely under. I get infuriated and grow my gauntlet into a hug size. My anger turns into heat and I put all the pressure to my gauntlet and punch it as hard as I can.

I heard a large "pop" and the stick gem exploded all over city. This black goo is in large glops everywhere, myself and my team is covered with it. I shake it off, so do the others. "Where's the gem?" Pearl asks me and I point to it. "On it." She says while walking over to it and bubbling it as I look for Amethyst. I walk for a little bit until I step on something, or someone. I look down and take whatever it was that stepped on, out of the goo. I jump to the ocean and clean it off, it was Amethyst in her cheetah form, knocked out. I have to admit, she looks beautiful as any animal, but a house cat and cheetah are my favorite.

(^Cheetah Amethyst^)

(^House Cat Amethyst^)

I just look down at her with solemnly and walk into the temple. A few minutes later, I hear the door open and Pearl say "Oh thank heavens your here. Me and Steven had no idea what happened to you, are you alright?" She asks me. "Yes, I'm fine. Just worried about Amethyst that's all." I say and I feel that she backs away. "Oh ok. I'll be in my room if you need me." She says and walks into her room.

Steven comes over to me and cheetah Ame and he licks his hand and puts it on her gem. She starts glowing and I put her down. She floats in the air and comes out as her regular self, no different clothes, just the same, the way I love it. She softly lands on her feet as she opens her eyes. "Wha-what happened?" She asks confused and tiredly. "Well, the gem consumed you and Garnet saved you." Steven says with a smile, he's such a smart 16 year old boy. But he does have his childish moments. "Oh, thanks Garnet." Amethyst says while blushing and smiling at me. I blush and smile and say "No problem Amethyst.". We just look at each other until Steven clears his throat. "I'll be going. Connie is waiting for me at the board walk. We're gonna help clean the city. Can you guys come and help?" He asks us.