2.19

I felt a heavy force around my waist as I began to wake. Soft breaths brushed against my forehead. I opened my eyes to see his black shaggy hair disheveled and lips slightly parted. Memories of last night flooded my brain and I couldn't help a smile from forming on my face.

"What are you smiling at?" Dick asked me, his eyes still closed but his lips in a tight smirk.

"How did you-- I mean, I'm not smiling," I failed at relaxing my jaw muscles and probably looked like a constipated gorilla. I lay on my stomach with Dick's arm wrapped around my torso, pulling me closer to him.

"Sure you're not," Dick murmured, a sheepish grin slapped across his face.

I glanced around the room, articles of clothing scattered across the carpet. The sun seeped through the crack in the blinds against my wishes. Whether or not I'd like to accept it, we'd have to completely wake eventually. "What time is it?" I asked, shoving my face deep into the comfortably firm grey pillow.

"Don't care," he muttered. "Let me sleep."

"Dick, the sun is up," I deadpanned. "And I'll bet that Bruce didn't know we went out yesterday." I sounded like I was his mother, but it was the truth.

"Fine," Dick groaned. "It's 2:30."

"In the afternoon?" I confirmed, eyes wide with shock.

He nodded, but I continued to stare at him. Dick must have received the point because he immediately shot up and scurried around the bedroom, slipping on any clothes he could get his hands on. I just hoped he wouldn't put on my underwear or bra by mistake.

"Shit," I heard Dick curse under his breath.

As he dashed around, I found enough time to slide on a pair of clean black underwear and a grey T-shirt. It must've been Dick's because it seemed to be ten sizes too big and he's over half a foot taller than me. It's not my fault he's, like, 6'2".

"What?" I questioned, climbing back onto the bed. The air circulating through the room was freezing.

"Shit, shit, shit," Dick scampered until he was fully dressed. I laughed. "What could you possibly be laughing at? You think this is funny?" He snapped.

"Kind of," I confessed. "Your shirt is inside out and jeans on backwards." He removed his pants and flipped them, then fixed his shirt, revealing everything I had long missed from my previous experience the night before. "Why are you scuttling around like that cockroach from Wall-E under a flashlight anyway?"

"I forgot," he simply stated. But I still wasn't convinced.

"Forgot what?" I asked him to elaborate.

"Bruce is hosting a party this evening for the rich people in Gotham. It's a charity fundraiser, but Luthor is expected to show. We need to be more alert," Dick explained. "It starts in an hour and I was supposed to bring a date, but I don't know if--" His eyes widened and mouth smiled, sadly, I knew he had an idea.

"What?" I immediately regretted asking.

"I'm going to take you!"

"No, you're not," I refused, swiping my hands through the air.

"Please," he begged, clasping his hands together and trying to look cute. "If I don't take you, I'm going to have to go with Barbara, and she's so boring! Plus, she flirts all the time!"

Damn, it worked. "Fine, but I have nothing to wear."

"Well," he smiled triumphantly. "Then it's a good thing we're rich. Put on some shorts, we're going for a little walk." I gave him a strange look but still did as told and followed. He led me down the hallway.