1.5

"Okay, let's see what this baby can do." I grinned as I typed away on the state of the art computer that I may or may not have stolen from Wayne Industries when mother took me there.

How does someone sneak a computer out of a seriously secured building? First, it was a laptop. Second, no one dares to check a little girl who cries for her mommy that some guy who may or may not have been a security guard is trying to grab her. Think about it. Easy.

"Come on!" I yelled at the computer, "You've got to have something on them!"

Access Denied.

"Oh, we'll see about that," I muttered while slightly sticking my tongue out, a sure sign that I was working hard. I continued to type fervently, not letting my fingers take a rest until...

"Access granted," it spoke, giving me permission to smirk. "Welcome to the Batcave."

What? 

I yelled in my head, absolutely flustered, a hundred percent confused and angry at the same time.

"How are you supposed to know anything about my parents?" I screamed, letting all my anger flush out in one wave.

I punched the wall, not realizing the hole I made or the broken bones up to my elbow that I had to have 'fixed' the next day. My adrenaline levels were off the charts. Then I saw an encrypted file. The nosy, curious side of me came into action as I clicked it and started typing away again. 

If it's encrypted, then no one's supposed to know about it, right? Gotta love that logic.

I gave the stolen tech a mischievous smile, it scared me knowing that I probably looked like the Joker, but he's chill, right?

It took a while, but it was so worth it. Hello Justice League identities, I thought to myself, the evil side of me thinking of ways that I could blackmail the League in the future. My eyes lit up at what I was seeing.

Superman is that guy from the Daily Planet? Flash is that forensics guy? Kid Flash is the reporter's nephew? Green Arrow is that rich guy from Star City? Wonder Woman is Diana Prince? 

Well, actually, that last one made sense. 

How could anyone in their right mind miss that? Even so, how could a pair of glasses hide the identity of Superman? Come on people! The human race couldn't be that stupid!

I scrolled down a little further and was about to click on the famous Batman when I heard a knock at my door.

"Kitty-cat?" It was Mother. "A friend of mine shared with me that a laptop from his tech industries building in Gotham City has been missing for a week now. Would you happen to know anything about this?"

"Nope," I quickly said, popping the 'p' and sounding like I was guilty in every possible way. I shoved the laptop under my bed and loudly hopped onto my blankets, making the whole room shake like an earthquake.

When she walked in, I was in one of those 'act natural' positions that made you look everything but natural. I gave her a weak I-have-something-to-hide grin.

"Hm," I heard her thinking aloud. "Okay," she responded, allowing me to know that she knew it was me, but that she wouldn't say anything. God, I love her. Best. Mom. Ever.

I pulled out the computer once more and set it on my bed, but within seconds, it started malfunctioning.

"Unauthorized Access!" it shouted. "Unauthorized Access."

The screen began to change colors, bars of pink and red and blue and green taking over the pixels. And just like that, it bursts into flames.

I was so mesmerized by the beauty of the flame that I put my hand out to touch it. You'd think that the flesh on my hand would start to burn, but instead, my body absorbed the flames and happily welcomed the new burst of energy that it brought.