twenty seven: i love you

Scarlett

We were sitting on a huge boulder, watching the waves crash it underneath while we ate our ice cream. Justin kept taking a bite of mine every now and then and when I'd glare at me, he'd give me his goofy smile.

I never thought that my life could also be so settled and perfect. I only dreamt of such moments with him. But i couldn't be more thankful for this.

"What are you thinking about?" He wrapped her arm around my shoulder and kissed my cheek after he finished his ice cream.

"Nothing, I'm just....happy" I said and he smiled and wrapped me in a side hug with his other hand.

"Me too" He mumbled and kissed my temple.

"I've never felt so calm and comfortable and stress free in my life ever" He said.

"And when I think about it, I feel so stupid, for every-

"Justin, didn't we make a deal about not talking about the past" I stopped him.

"Right, no past" He said and I pecked his jaw.

"You know what? Its's getting really dark, we should go home now or Mama Jen will be worried" He said and I nodded.

"Yeah, we've barely been home today" I said and he jumped down from the boulder and instead of giving me a hand to help me get down, he picked me up by my waist making me giggle.

I held his shoulders for support and he placed me on the ground safely.

"I just never feel like leaving beaches once I get there" I said, looking at the ocean while his arms wrapped around my waist from behind and his chin got placed on my shoulder.

"I'll take you to dad's beach condo in Miami someday, he basically got it for me and me Cam and Em go there whenever we need a get away, you'll love it" He said and I nodded.

"Let's go home now" I said and we held hands as we walked back to our car and Justin drove us home.

Justin opened the house door with keys and when we got inside the house, the lights were all off but the candles were lit.

"Are the lights gone?"I asked.

"I don't think so, the switches are off"

"We're home Mama Jen!" I said while Justin turned on the lights but I got no response.

"No shit sherlock...." Justin mumbled sarcastically confusing me but then I looked around the room.

There we rose petals all over the floor, and I realized the candles were aromatic.

"I....have...no....idea" Justin mumbled and I chuckled.

"Hey..."I said and pointed at the white folded paper on the floor among rose petals at our feet.

Justin picked it up and opened it and started reading out loud.

"My dear Children, don't thank me already, this is just the living room for setting up the mode, go up to your bedroom, its better over there, I know its not valentine's day but ya'll gotta step up a little so I took some efforts since ya'll won't. Scarlett has to at least take a sip of the champagne because that shit's expensive alright? And plus its just champagne not vodka. Make sure to use protection.....or don't because I'm dying to be an 'uncle Cam' and oh, I've sent Mama Jen home, so that ya'll can be as loud as ya'll want and not be embarrassed. Have fun kids. -Your father Cameron" Justin read and both our cheeks were red as apples by the end of it.

"So that's why he came over in the morning even though we were going out....this boy is terrible" Justin said.

"And that's why Emma made me wear....that" I mumbled.