six: first dance

First dance by my baby kidrauhl and daddy usher is v underrated
-----

Justin

I fiddled with my fingers while I sat in the car with Scarlett as Henry drove us to where the ball was taking place. Ian had managed to get her the best dress he could and she looked amazing in it.

I'm still reeling over what happened earlier today. Selena doesn't understand that's its not normal between me and Scarlett, forget about being close to her, I can't even get near her. She is freaking out for no reason.

"Um Scarlett..." I said and she looked at me.

"Yeah?" He sea green eyes were shining like crystals like always and she looked more than just gorgeous with loose strands of hair that had escaped her bun, falling at the side of her face.

"Uh, let's not give the parents an idea about what happened today" I said.

"Oh no, of course not" She said and I nodded.

"And you know that we have to better than last night right?" I said and she nodded.

I felt like shit.

For just everything. 

Doing what I did to her years ago, pulling her into this 'fake date' plan, yelling at her today, saying those things....I really hit the sensitive spot for the both of us. But now she must be thinking that I'm even colder about it.

"Justin?" I was snapped out by her.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I guess we're here" She said and I looked out of the window and realized that the car had come to an halt and we had arrived at the Ball.

"Oh yeah..." I said 

"No No wait! there's media here, wait a second" I said to her when she was opening the door herself to get down.

I got out of the car and fixed my suit, multiple cameras flashed at me as I rushed to Scarlett's side and opened the door for her.

I extended my hand for her and she placed her small, soft hand in mine after a second and it fit in my hand like a mold.

I helped her down and placed my hand on the small of her back and we made our way inside the hall, the security keeping the paparazzi away from us.

It wasn't something new for Scarlett, just something she has been away for a while.

We both sighed in unison as soon as we were inside the hall. 

"Let's search for Mom and dad" I said while looking at the endless number of people gathered.

The room was filled with chatting sounds and soft piano playing in the background. People were talking, drinking and laughing.

Cam and Emma have come here before us since we were a little late due to Scarlett's dress but I couldn't find them nor the parents.