Chapter 53

"Will you please not tell John about anything that is going on with Richard?" Savannah asked me after a moment of silence. I nodded, knowing that I owed it to her and I didn't understand much anyway.

"He will come tonight and stay here. Please, I don't want to have another fight" she said and I nodded again, fidgeting with my fingers. She stood up and walked towards the door.

"I will call you for dinner" and with that she left. I grabbed the book and pen that were on the desk and tried to do my homework that the speech therapist gave me. She showed me how to 'write' and told me that I needed to learn it by doing the exercises. I opened the book and put the pen down on the paper. It felt so familiar yet so foreign. It was as if it was a long lost friend that I forgot about. I started going over the paper with the tip of the pen, trying it out. It was very refreshing and it reminded me of things that I couldn't put my finger on. I closed my eyes, letting my hand flow through the paper with the pen, enjoying the peace that it gave me.

"Look daddy, I made this for you" I yelled and walked over to him. I had written a letter with different colors. We had just learned how to spell long words and I knew that dad would love to see it. I was looking at the paper, not realizing that I was nearing the table. Before I could realize what was happening, I tripped and fell. An immense pain went through my head and I started crying immediately. I touched the pain that was present on my forehead and started crying louder. Footsteps started nearing me and voices were sound behind my cries.

"Its okay darling, though that will leave you a survivor-scar" I heard a familair voice.

I opened my eyes and my hand went to my forehead. I jumped off my bed and went to my mirror. Looking at my reflection, I moved my eyes to the pain that I just felt. There was a visible scar, even though I didn't know what it was before. Did that really happen? When? And who was this 'dad'?

I walked over to my bed and sat down. Confusion and questions were flowing through my mind. I really wanted Iyaz with me suddenly. He would give me advice and tell me what it was about. I let the tears flow that were reaching my eyes. I think I finally knew what Savannah meant with 'missing'. I missed whatever was giving me reassurance. I didn't feel that when I was here or with Savannah. The only place I felt that was Iyaz.

I heard the doorbell ring downstairs so I wiped my tears away. I took a deep breath before heading downstairs, knowing that it was going to be a long night..