Chapter 71

Chapter 71

I didn't know how long it had been. It felt like forever. I couldn't open my eyes, nor could I move. I got a lot of time to think, which was nice, but I also had a lot of time to listen. To listen to Iyaz, the doctors, the nurses, his family.. All of them were saying different things. Iyaz came a little less lately. He said he had started school, with a different program that they made for him, so he wouldn't feel pressured into anything. He told me about how nice it was to have his mind off of everything. Tuana came every once in a while to take him away, saying that he needed to rest. I wanted to wake up, but I also felt like never waking up. I knew I was going to face betrayal that I already felt from the deepest of my heart. They didn't believe me. Iyaz never talked about what I had said again. He didn't believe that I remembered everything. I knew I could prove him, but I also knew that it was not the best decision. Maybe, for this once, I really needed to listen to him. I was going to pretend that I did lie and that it wasn't true. I could prove that I am right by just talking in Arabic, but I didn't want to put another load on his shoulders. He already had enough, even though I sometimes felt like he didn't even know me anymore. He came every once in a while, not even a lot. I was dying to hear his voice again, but I knew I couldn't change anything about it.

Suddenly I heard the door and for a second I thought it was Iyaz, till I heard the voice. It was a voice I really didn't want to hear.

"Will she wake up?" Richard. I was confused as to who he was talking to.

"Yes, but we have a problem" I heard. It was my doctor. I felt a little anxious about Richard being here. I remembered all the things he did to me- how he wanted to use me for money. He basically wanted me to be his puppet, but luckily Iyaz saved me from them.

"What is it?" I heard Richard ask.

"It might be that she remembers everything. From the past" I heard the doctor reply. I wanted to yell at them, tell them how they would pay for this. I wanted to tell them that I wouldn't make anyone take advantage of me.

"You better figure out something and she won't remember" I heard Richard yell viciously. I felt my heart drop. I didn't want to deal with this. I wanted to find my family. When I thought of my childhood, I can remember that it was a good one. I remember activities that I did with my family. I remember feeding the horses of the neighbours. That's why I was so familiar with the horses at the training with Robin. I remembered the sunshines I felt on my skin when I was a little older. I remembered going to my grandma's place to have the nicest food. It was all there, but I couldn't put faces to them. I couldn't put names to them. I knew the memories were real, but I also knew I didn't have a clue of where to find them.

I heard the door shut, knowing that they had leaved. The thickness in the air reduced a bit, but anxiety was reaching out to me. Iyaz was right- I did have anxiety. From the familiarity of it, I knew that I had it from before too. I felt a slight existence of betrayal of some reason I didn't know. Before I could dig further into my memories, I heard the door open again. I knew who it was when his smell hit me. The smell of security.

"Salaam.. I am sorry for not visiting much lately. I don't even know why I am telling you because you don't hear me anyway. Today I ran away from school. It was just a bit too much, so I just went out of class. Luckily teachers don't really care in university" he rambled about everything he had went through, just some small talk that was thinning out the air while thickening it again.

"I.. When will you wake up? When will you wake up and show me what to do? When will you wake up, only for me to have more load on my shoulders? I just- I don't know anymore. Maybe it is because of you being gone. I don't know" he said softly, struggling with speaking. I felt a pang in my chest, just like I had everytime he came over. He was making me familiar even more with the feeling of hurt and betrayal, yet I never thought I could get those feelings from him. I had always thought of him as my hero, not as someone who thought of me as a burden. I guess I had more to learn. I guess it was time.

I tried to push my eyelids open, but I knew that it was no use. I tried to concentrate on my breathing before I tried it again. Still not working. I tried so hard that I felt sweat forming on my forehead before I was able to move my finger.

"Beau?" I heard from beside me. My eyes still wouldn't open, but I managed to nod softly. I heard some movement before I heard his voice from near.

"Oh my God, are you awake?" I heard him ask. His voice had changed. It was so much more lighter. I tried to nod again but I couldn't. I moved my head a bit to give him an answer.

"Oh God, alhamdulillah, wait, let me call the doctor" I heard him say, but before he could go, I opened my eyes. I wanted to speak, but I couldn't. I looked him in the eyes, realizing how much I had needed to look into the brown of it. We were staring, as if we weren't realizing that it was real.

"Wait here" he said and was about to move before I held a finger up for him to stop.

"Should I not?" he asked. I nodded again. I was about to speak but he grabbed some water and gave it to me. I hadn't realized how thirsty I was.

"How do you feel?" he asked before he sat down on the chair.

"I.." I said, feeling different when talking. I hadn't heard my voice in so long.

"Don't tire yourself out, its okay. I'm so happy that you are finally awake. You have been in a coma for a few months now" he said and I put on a confused look, acting as if I didn't know what a coma was.

"Never mind. I just need to tell my family, I will be back" he said before he stood up.

"Iyaz" When he was at the door, I called his name, liking the feeling of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What will she say? And what do you think her fam is like?