Chapter 40

Chapter 40

I didn't know what this feeling was. I was so excited. I was smiling the whole time in the car.

"I see that you are happy?" Savannah told me when she was driving the car. I didn't know what the word meant but I just nodded.

"He was nice to you, wasn't he?" she asked me. I nodded again. I fidgeted with my fingers, my eyes wanting to see his face.

"He was the only one who taught me the right things and he stood up for me all the time" I replied. She didn't say anything. We were nearing the police station and I couldn't hold it anymore. Savannah parked in front of the station and I tried to take the seatbelt off but I was still new to that. Savannah saw my struggle and helped me. Just when she freed me, I ran out of the car towards the entrance.

"Wait up!" I heard Savannah yell from behind me but I couldn't. It was like my legs were doing all the work, not listening to anyone. They just wanted to take me to him, the one that has been the one for me. I walked towards the first person I saw. Normally I wouldn't even dare to look at them but it was all for Iyaz.

"Where is he?!" I yelled. The woman looked at me in confusion.

"Where is Iyaz, the guy that got kidnapped and is found? They said that they took him here" Savannah said from behind me. The woman in front of me nodded and pointed at a direction. I immediately started to run, feeling exhausted already. I was passing a few people before I saw someone wrapped up in a blanket. I looked at the face, his eyes finding mine. We stared for a few seconds. He was dirty and the smell of the hole reached my nose. A lot of memories flashed before my eyes, but they were only the ones with him. I felt secure.. okay. The face that I was used to, the face that made me feel bette rafter everything- the face that I wanted to see for a few days now- was facing me. His eyes were big and his mouth opened slightly. The blanket around him fell and I saw cuts and blood on his shirtless chest. The image was worse- he had done pretty bad damage to Iyaz, probably punishing me. I couldn't hold it anymore. I knew he would get mad at me for doing this, but I knew that we both needed it. We both needed strength and security that no one else could give us. I ran up to him and wrapped my arms waist. I didn't know what it was and why I di dit but my natural instinct told me to do this. My legs and arms were doing the job and I trusted them for what they were doing. I felt tingles all over my body, knowing that the tears I had shred for him being in there weren't needed anymore. I felt my eyes tear up and I let it all go. His arms went around me too and I pulled tighter. I let the tears fall, crying softly. I felt that he couldn't stand anymore so we sat down on the floor softly. I heard his soft cries too and that made me tighten my grip, not knowing why.

"I'm so happy you're safe" he whispered and how I had wanted to hear that voice. The soft voice that calmed me down so many times. I cried harder when I heard it, knowing that I had found what I wanted since I ran away from there.

"Sorry for breaking my promise" I told him, remembering that I had promised him that when we would run, we would run together. He shook his head.

"It's worth it. Everything is worth as long as you're out of there" he said, slowly releasing me. I looked into his eyes that were red. Blood and dirt was on his face and the smell was hurting my nose but I couldn't care. I thought that the smell would kill me if I ever smelled it again but it didn't happen. At least not when I had Iyaz now.

"We will get through this. Everything will be alright" he said and I nodded, not understanding him too much. Savannah neared us.

"He needs to explain everything, baby girl, you can see him later" she said but shook her head. Iyaz looked at her before she looked at me.

"I need to tell them everything, Beau. He is still out there and I need to help them so they could find him. Don't be alone and stay close to people. I will see you when it is over, okay?" he told me and I nodded, not wanting to. I knew that they would ask him all the questions they had asked me too. He gave me one last look before the policemen helped him up and took him to a room. Savannah grabbed my attention by standing in front of me.

"Come on, we can't wait here. It will take very long. Let's go home and you can wait there" she said. I shook my head but she threw me a look that made me scared. I nodded and she started walking away, me following her.

~~~~~
You know, the story actually starts right now..