Comfortable With Death

~y/n pov~
Ever since I was about 16 I was comfortable with dying, and I started living a bit recklessly. I dated biker dudes and gang members, and not those wannabe gang member, I dated guys straight out of prison for stealing, killing.
By the time I was 18 I had ridden a bull, run away from the cops with my now ex boyfriend, knew how to ride motorcycles, horses, tired a couple of drugs, been a couple placed around the state and mexico and had tattoos covering my arms and a couple on the rest of my body. No I'm not cool for doing these things, I'm an idiot who's going to die early just cause I'm not scared to. I'm the problem child, the thorn in my family, the fuck up, the one that started law school switched to mental health, got really good grades just to quit, and yet for some reason my brother Ethan still loved me, thought I was the coolest sibling he could ask for, and always called and begged me to come visit the family.
I couldn't, I couldn't break his heart and tell him 'mom doesn't want me to come' I couldn't tell him I was the child no one wanted to come to the family reunion. All I even told him was how proud I was of him, and when he started YouTube, I told him how proud I was of him then. I was proud he wasn't the thorn.
And I was even more proud when he told me he was moving to LA and had become a editor for some big YouTuber. And that's where this all starts I guess.
I was riding on my motorcycle through LA trying to find the office that Ethan had told me about, surprise him after four years of not seeing him, besides during graduation, and even then he didn't see me, cause I hide in the back, mom and dad wouldn't want to see me anyway.
I knocked on the door of the place his boss was renting out. A bubbly looking girl with blond hair answered the door. She looked me up and down before asking.
"Who are you?"
"I'm y/n... Is Ethan here?" I asked.
"Yes should I get him?" She asked.
"I'm his older sibling... Is he up there? Can I surprise him?" I asked.
"Oh you're y/n!" She said "of course, I'm Amy a friend of his" she said.
I nodded and she lead me up stairs.
"Who was...." A dark haired man trailed off three people were staring at me, I held my halmet in my arms, I set it down seeing the blue hair of my brother working hard on the computer, he was always so smart.
Amy went over and tapped him he tool of his headphone and looked at her.
"Someones here to see you" she said.
Ethan turned around with a confused look, the confusion turned to a huge grin, he carelessly threw his headphone off and ran to me nearly making me fall from jumping to hug me.
"Y/n?!" He said looking up at me "why... How... Why didn't you tell me you were coming?!" He asked tears in his eyes.
"I was just riding through and thought I would surprise you" I smiled.
I tried no to show how much guilt I felt for leaving him for so long, he looked up to me, I wish I could tell him not to, I wonder when he'll figure out his older siblings a fuck up?
"How long can you stay?!" He asked "I want to show you my apartment! And what I do, I want to record a video with you and show the fans you came to visit!!" He said excitedly.
"I don't know if I should stay that long Eth" I said in a apologetic voice.
Ethan pulled back from the the hug and looked down.
"Oh... Okay..." He said.
The sadness in his voice and eyes got to me. I felt eyes on us, they were still watching, I glared at them making them stop looking, my eyes met a curly haired boys, he seemed to he glaring right back. I sighed looking at Ethan.
"How about I stay the week then?" I asked.
"Really?!" Ethan smiled again.
"Yeah it been go long" I said softly.
"Okay! You can stay with me! I swear we'll have fun! We can play video games together and you can tell me about what you have been up to!!" He said.
"You should probably get back to work" I chuckled softly.
"Oh right!" He said.
"Mark I need to record I'll get the editing done afterward!" He said.
"Alright well make y/n feel at home" the guy who I assumed Mark was.
Ethan hugged me one more time before rushing off the record.
"You're y/n?" The curly haired male asked.
"Yeah... I'm guessing Ethan told you about me" I said.
"Only that you left home as soon as you turned 18, and that you didn't even make it to his graduation" he said.
"Tyler!" Amy said.
"You don't know what you're talking about" I huffed taking my back pack off and looking through it for my phone.
"Ethan told us you didn't make it to anything of his, and yet you come here to hang out with him? Why?" Mark asked.
"Boy stop it!" Amy tried again.
"I was at every one of his goddamn gymnastics thing and anything else he did! And I was at his graduations, just cause he didn't see me doesn't me I wasn't fucking there so you better shut you're goddamn mouth you two before I make you" I growled.
I went silent I shook my head blinking away the angry tears that had gathered. I grabbed out my cigs and took one out putting it in my mouth and letting it hang there while finding my lighter.
"Tell Ethan I'm have a smoke if he comes out before back up" I huffed dropping my bag on the ground, as if to leave it as a sign I was coming back.
I lite my CIG once I was outside.

+Amy's POV+
"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I said hitting both Mark and Tylers heads.
"Ow, what did we do?!" Mark asked rubbing the back of his head.
"That's Ethan's sibling you need to be nicer to them!" I said crossing my arm.
"Why? They abandoned Ethan and yet somehow Ethan still looks up to them!" Tyler said.
"They obviously love their brother if they keep in contact with him" I said "I want you two to apologize to y/n they don't deserve that!"
Both of them stayed quite and Tyler got up going down stairs.
Mark looked at me, he looked a bit guilty now.
"Its okay Mark, its weird but I trust that y/n really does love their brother" I said, he nodded and looked after Tyler.

×Tylers pov×
I walked down the stairs and went out seeing y/n leaned against the wall, blowing smoke out of their mouth.
"I don't believe that you went to Ethan's graduation" I said.
"Did you come out here just to tell me what a shit sibling I am?" They growled at me.
"Maybe you need to hear it" I stated.
"No trust me, I know I'm the thorn of the family, the fuck up, the screw up, whatever way you want to put it, I'm a burden, but Ethan doesn't know that... Or he pretends not too... He's the only family that is worth staying alive for" they said.
Their voice sounded so honestly I sat down on the steps looking up at them. Their tattoos were well done, and I noticed a couple of gears with Ethan's name warped into them. Had I really judged this person to quickly? Maybe there was a reason Ethan got sad over y/n maybe leaving soon.
"You don't have to deal with me for two long, I'll leave as soon as I can" y/n said.
"Don't" I said.
"Sorry?" Y/n chuckled.
"Well... I just, I mean..." I sighed "I think Ethan needs you more then you think" I said.
"... He's doing good on his own, and I'm proud of him, but..."
"You were gone for so long, you didn't visit him, I think you have a lot of hanging out and making up to do for that, and I know you love Ethan enough to at least try and make up for lost time" I got up and went back upstairs.

~y/n pov~
I sighed as Tyler left, he had a point, staying for Ethan would be harder then it seemed. I was use to life on the go, never staying places for to long, or getting close to people. I finished my cig and went inside.
I stayed standing against the wall while waiting for Ethan, Amy tried making small talk with me, and I tired to talk back to her but I am pretty awkward, and my social skills didn't go past small chitchat.
When Ethan came back and happily smiled at me, like he was surprised I was still there.
"I just have to edit then I'll show you my new apartment!!" He said excitedly.
I smiled softly and nodded, he could take his time. I signed a bit maybe I would end up staying a bit longer then I thought.