"Trinity you sound high as hell and you only took two pulls," China said laughing and passing the blunt to Kae and Kae passed the other blunt to me.

We sat in the Party City parking lot hot boxing in my car, having two blunts in a rotation.

The sun was setting and we had the best view of it. There weren't that many neighboring cars around making the smoke session even better.

"The decorations gonna smell like so much loud," Kae said chuckling and taking a pull.

"No I'm serious China, I'm not even that smacked. Something doesn't feel right."

"What do you mean? You think something's gonna happen at the listening party?"

I nodded passing the blunt to China and taking the other from Kae.

"If you're that paranoid, we'll just have a bodyguard at the door and probably have a list of people who's invited. If your name isn't on the list, you can't come in." China said shrugging.

Five minutes later we were done with both blunts. China texted Michael who was a few blocks away to drive us home because, to be honest, we were all gone. I was in no state to drive, everything was delayed, fuzzy, and moving in slow motion.

In no time, Michael opened the door on the driver's side as I began to crawl to the back with Kae. I swear it took me ten minutes to do so.

"Thank you for coming baby," China mumbled puckering her lips.

"No problem baby." Michael said kissing her, "now put on your seatbelt. All three of yall too clapped to drive home?"

Kae rested her head on my shoulder, "Boy I'm struggling to keep my eyes open right now. Can you drop me home? My father cooked dinner tonight."

"I gotchu sis," Michael said looking at her through the mirror, "Trinity, you good? You look like you're dying."

"No funny, I feel like we're being watched," I said looking through the rear window.

"Oh nah," He took out his phone shaking his head "I'm calling Chris. You're not going home like this. I'm dropping you off at Chris' then park your car down by China. Text your father that you're spending the night at China's crib."

I rest my head in my hands. "No, I'm fine Michael, you're blowing this out of proportion."

He put his phone to his ears "Trinity your eyes are bloodshot red right now." He said turning in his seat to look at me.

He then sighed dialing Chris holding the phone between his ears and shoulder. He reached over to China who's falling asleep and started to caress her face. He held the phone to his ear for a few seconds then hung up, cursing to himself. He then shot Chris a quick text message I assume, put his seat belt on, turned the key in the ignition bringing the car to life, and reversed out of the parking spot, making his way to the Party City parking lot exit.

I rolled my eyes texting my father that I'm sleeping over at China's house, "Tomorrow I need to go to the mall to buy an outfit for the party." I said slumping in my seat, leaning my head on the window.

"Aight we all can go after we check up on the venue and make sure everything's set," Michael said.

"I'm hungry!"

'''

"I thought you was a G, let me find out you're a lightweight." He said plopping on his bed laughing.

"Shut up, Kae must've copped some super loud from her plug that lives in her apartment building."

"Who, Ribby? Oh yeah, he got a crush on Kae. He be hooking her up with the best shit." He said nodding.