Chapter Nine

Because you guys and your endless support means so much to me, here's another update. Also because I'm extremely excited (and impatient) to get to the Jade storyline ;)

Don't forget to vote and comment! It certainly helps a lot ♡

Caesar's was one of the few places in my hometown that I enjoyed. It was a small coffee shop on the corner of a street downtown and I often went out of my way to go there, but it was a comforting atmosphere. They had a jukebox. An actual jukebox which was old and honestly a waste of space but for some reason I liked it.

The first time I had come here was when I was sixteen. I was hungover with a massive headache, my friends weren't helping at all because they were blasting techno music which caused my head to ache more. Somehow I found my way to this small café and when I noticed the jukebox I almost walked out, but the music wasn't techno or loud; it was quiet and gentle.

I spent that entire day with my head on a table ordering on herbal tea after another, listening to old songs that I didn't even recognize. Eventually I came here some more but recently I came less. It had been almost a year. After dropping out of school I became busier with work and finding the time to stop and appreciate the little things didn't really seem possible.

Today, however, I did. I found myself inside Caesar's and I sat at the same table I always used to. It gave me a perfect view of everything; the window and the counter.

After messing around with Jenna, we went to a party with Maks and Declan. It went like all of the others, getting wasted and waking up with a killer headache. That's how I ended up here, it brought back old memories so with my head resting on the surface of the table I closed my eyes and listened to the shitty music on the jukebox.

It was terrible music but I liked it.

"Can I get you a drink?" I heard a voice ask.

I opened my eyes, looking up and seeing none other than Jade with her red hair pinned up and a black apron around her waist. I'm sure that I looked like shit, staring at her with my mouth gaped open and my eyes squinting but I had to be halucinating; there's no way she could be here, too.

I blinked, waiting a moment and when she didn't disappear all I could manage to do was sigh to express my surprise, "You're fucking kidding me."

"Well... It is a café, so--"

"You're literally everywhere." I told her, lifting my head from the table and furrowing my eyebrows at her, "I'm going to be honest with you, Jade. I feel like you're following me."

"Wow... That ego of yours is overwhelming, Thomas. But no, this time you're the one following me," She motioned her hand around the café, "I work here, I was here first."

Was she serious or kidding? I couldn't tell but I didn't smile either. I sat up straight, putting my hood down and fixing my hair that was messed up, "Coffee. Three teaspoons of sugar and one teaspoon of cream."

"Got it. Any pastries?" She asked me.

I shook my head and watched as she walked back to the counter, my eyes on her ass. I hadn't realized that she had a nice butt until now but it wasn't like I was looking before.

I took the time to watch her make my coffee, not in a creepy way but now that I looked at her ass I wanted to check out the rest of her. Call it the male instinct or whatever, but I had the time.

Her hair was long, something I had already noticed. I already knew she had a big mouth - but then I paid attention to other things. She had hazel eyes, big ones and I don't mean that as an insult. She was speaking to a co-worker and laughing, her eyes wide with amusement while he smile showed all of her teeth. Another thing, she had a big smile. A distinctive one at that.