Chapter Five

Hiii. So, I'm an idiot. On the previous chapter I said 500+ comments for the next (this) chapter, what I meant was VOTES. BUT I'm still keeping my promise lol. I loooooooove your comments though. I read them all ♡

So please continue to comment and this time let's try for 450+ VOTES for the next :)

(Italics are flashbacks)

"Tommy..." A small hand on my arm, shaking me from my sleep woke my up, "Tommy, please wake up. Please!"

I rolled over to see my four year old brother, Mason. He looked mortified but the question running through my mind is why he came to me and not his mom. It was the middle of the night and we were going to see our grandparents in the morning, he shouldn't be awake.

"What do you want, Mason?" I asked him, irritated that he woke me up from my sleep. I didn't like be interrupt from sleeping, even at the age of six.

"I had a nightmare and I'm scared," He explained to me, "Can I please stay here with you?"

"It was just a nightmare, Mase. It isn't real."

He had nightmares a lot, like a lot of kids did but more since Allison woke up in the middle of the night screaming a few weeks ago. It had really scared Mason and he woke up in the middle of the night more frequently now wondering if his mom was okay.

"Is this about your mom?" I asked him.

Mason paused and looked down, squeezing the teddy in his arms. He didn't deny that he was affected by that night but he didn't understand it anymore than I did, all Allison and dad told us is that our brother or sister is with the angels.

Dad and Allison was going to have another baby, I was going to have another little brother or sister but the night Allison woke up screaming the baby decided to leave.

"Mommy was scared," Mason told me when he finally looked at me again, "Why was she crying, Tommy?"

I was told by dad to not have this discussion with Mason because it was a sensitive topic that he wouldn't understand at such a young age, so I couldn't tell him anything.

"Maybe she had a nightmare, too." I suggested, "She's okay, Masey. You don't have to worry."

When I patted the spot next to me, Mason didn't hesitate to climb onto my bed and slide under the blankets, "Do you think so?"

"I know it..."

Mason smiled at me, "Daddy was right. You are Superbro."

(Current)

"Don't kill my buzz or this, this whole you hanging around me thing isn't ever going to happen again," I warned Mason as we walked into Maks house that was already filled with people partying, music blaring and alcohol being passed around.

Mason nodded his head, "I'm not a kid, Tommy. You don't have to worry about me being a buzz kill."

I never brought Mason with me to a party. Never. I don't know why I had a sudden change of heart, probably because I was almost certain that he wouldn't be able to handle it and I'd prove a point but I was already regretting it.