Chapter Three

Quick note: Amazed at how invested you guys are already, only 2 chapters in. The comments are already passionate, the hate ones are also lol I know some of you hate Mattison, it's all good, ya'll. xx

Enjoy this chapter from Mason's POV ♡ 

🌟 Vote and Comment 🌟

Chapter Three

Mason.

Mom and dad threw me a really great graduation party, of course it would have been better without any adults but it was understandable that family wanted to come and show their support. Everyone had intentions on heading out later and going to a non-supervision party, it wasn't like we could fully celebrate graduating here with my parents watching us like hawks.

Teenagers wanted alcohol, it was as simple as that.

I also wanted to cheer my cousin Tucker up giving his recent home issues. Aunt Amelia and Uncle Ian wasn't exactly working out and he was taking it rough like anyone would, so I wanted to get his mind off of it.

Then there's Jade. The most gorgeous, red-haired goddess I've ever seen in my life and all I want is a reason to talk to her. It made me seem so lame, which I'm not at all. Dad raised me to be confident and when I became quarterback of the football team I needed confidence. Hell, I was confident with every girl but not Jade.

The entire time the party dragged on she stood alone with a glass of punch in her hand. She would eventually leave if she was bored.

Completely distracted by Jade, I hadn't noticed Mila walking over to her which was a no no. Mila has a big mouth, who knows what she would say to Jade.

I rushed over towards them to heard Mila asking Jade in a curious tone, "Do you like The Little Mermaid?"

Jade smiled at her and nodded, "Of course. It's my favorite Disney movie."

"Jade, I'm sorry she's bothering you," I interrupted, taking Mila's hand and pulling her back gently.

"You look like Ariel!" Mila exclaimed while I rolled my eyes.

I knelt down to her level and sighed softly, "Mila, stop bugging people... Go talk to mom and dad."

"I'm not bugging, I'm socializing, Mason." She put emphasis on my name before walking away in an overly dramatic manner.

I stood up and scratched the back of my head, chuckling lightly, "I'm sorry about her... She's really talkative."

"Don't worry about it, she's adorable," Jade responded with a polite smile. Before things fell silent she spoke again, "You have a really nice home, Mason. It's beautiful."

"Thanks... My dad built it," I grinned proudly.

Dad was an amazing architect and after building up his clientele he invested in a large piece of land on one of the most beautiful areas of North Carolina and built a house of his own, just the way he and mom wanted it.