Chapter Eight

🌟 Vote and Comment 🌟
(Comment your way through, I love hearing your thoughts and feedback xo)

Over a week had passed since I went to my dad's, so out of obligation I showed up on the eleventh day since I had been there with intentions on staying for a day or two.

A lot of the reason I still brought myself to come was Mila. For some reason the kid liked me and I liked her too. God forbid I leave her with the boring brother. She had been following me around since the day she started crawling and haven't stopped.

When I entered the house it was relatively quiet but I knew everyone was home due to the vehicles in the driveway. I looked around before going to my dad's home office and opening the door.

He was sitting at his desk, having a phone conversation. His dark hair was messier than usual and he seemed stressed while he spoke to the person on the other line, "I need this deal to close by the end of the week..." He paused for the other person to respond, "No, we need the--"

His eyes glanced to where I stood and he held up his index finger, indicating for me to wait a minute. I nodded my head and stepped out of the office, closing the door behind me.

I knew better than to interrupt dad's business calls, though one of the good memories I have with him is going to his company when I was six or seven. It was just me and him, he was showing me his work and making me feel like I was a part of it.

"Tommy!" I felt small arms wrapping around my legs and I snapped out of my thoughts to see Mila.

"Hey, Mila. Where are you going?"

She was dressed in a pink bathing suit and her long blonde hair was pinned into a high ponytail. Her face wore a big smile but it usually did, it was rare that Mila wasn't smiling, "I'm going swimming with mommy."

"That sounds fun," I smiled at her, taking a quick glance at Allison who was standing behind Mila with the swimming bag in her hand.

Mila grabbed my hand to get my attention again, "Where have you been, Tommy? I've missed you."

"I was at my mom's, but I'm here to see you for a little while now," I reassured her.

She tilted her head, a devious grin appearing on her lips, "Will you play barbies with me when I get home?"

I chuckled, shaking my head as I pat her shoulder, "I love you kid, but I'm not playing barbies."

"Tommyyyyyy," She pouted which she knew I had a weakness for but for the first time dad saved me by walking out of his office.

Allison look at dad and smiled, "Hey, babe. Is everything okay?"

"As good as it can be right now," He kissed her cheek before leaning down and pulling Mila into his arms, "Is my Princess ready for swimming lessons?"

Mila beamed eagerly at dad's words, "I am! Mommy got me a new bathing suit, too."

Allison laughed softly, resting her hand on dad's shoulder, "She's really excited. She insisted that I get her Princess Elsa floaties. I just want to make sure that she sticks with the lessons first."

"Don't worry about it, sweetheart. My girl wants to dress like a princess, right Mila?" Dad said before taking twenty dollars and passing it to Allison, "Buy them for her, get her one of those matching towels, too."

Allison accepted the money from dad, putting it in her pocket while Mila hugged him tightly, "Thank you, daddy! You're the best!"

"You're welcome, baby girl. Have fun at swimming, okay? Mommy's going to take pictures to show me later," As dad stood up he gave Allison a kiss, "Drive safe, okay? I love you."