Chapter Two

Happy Friday! Here's chapter Two just to get you guys a little more invested. A few quick things: No, Alexandra and Roger didn't work out, sometimes certain people aren't meant for each other. The next chapter will be a Mason POV - just a quick one, this is Thomas' book, however. There will be a few different POVs in between.

Thank you for the amazing feedback on the first chapter! In less than a day nearly 5k views?! So amazing! I've missed you guys and I'm SO ready to embark on this new journey with ya'll.

Ready? Okay. Let's start!

🌟 Vote and Comment 🌟

Chapter Two

I sat on the front steps of my mom's house, a cigarette between my lips as I stared blankly at my car. It ashamed me to consider that I was actually contemplating if the Mustang was even worth it. Sell it and get a smaller car that I could afford on my own, then I wouldn't be forced into participating in dad's fake family.

But it's my Mustang.

It isn't just a car, it's my freedom in some odd sense as well as it's the chains that keep me held to my dad. It's the car I always wanted and I can't just get rid of it. I just needed more time to be able to afford it on my own.

It wasn't impossible. I already had the plan to open my autobody shop to start with and eventually, maybe I could expand into something greater.

The front door of the house opened and the groan I heard indicated that it was mom, "Thomas, you told me that you would stop smoking."

"That's incorrect. I said that I would think about it." I looked over at her and gave a genuine smile, "I love you, mom, but I'm not a little kid anymore."

I took the cigarette from my lips and tossed it on the ground, stepping on it.

"Trust me, I know." She took a seat next to me on the steps and leaned her head against my shoulder, "I remember when you were a little boy, it feels like only yesterday I held your hand while crossing the street."

I smiled at her words, unsure why we were having this moment but appreciating her as I always have. A part of me always thought that she wanted more kids but she never got any because her husband Daniel was sterile. She was okay with it, she said she had one son and I was all she needed but I seen her looking at the other options like sergacy and adoption.

Meanwhile she had to watch dad move on and have two other kids with Allison.

"You know, mom. Maybe one time when no one's looking I'll let you hold my hand when I cross the street," I joked with her, "But only once."

"You have always been the sweetest boy, you know that?" Mom stroked my cheek with her thumb, "And you've grown up to be so handsome. A little too quickly, but I'm proud of you."

"Hey, don't get all sappy with me." I wrapped an arm around her shoulders, "I love you, but you don't have to compliment me all the time to make me feel better about myself."