Chapter Four

🌟 Vote and Comment 🌟

Thomas.

"Your son is a problem! Not wonder I don't want to be around you people, I can't have any privacy, nothing I own is safe and Mason, he roams the town is my car with some chick!" I raised my voice, furious with my brother after he decided to take my Mustang for a spin without asking. He was infuriating to me and I couldn't deal with him anymore, something had to be done.

"My son is also your brother," Dad pointed out while he sat in the arm chair listening to my argument, "And if we're being technical, I bought your car, it's under my name and who's paying the insurance, Thomas?"

I clenched my jaw tightly, rolling my hands into fists. He's doing it again, showing his dominance and making me feeling worthless. Fuck.

"Who pays the insurance, Thomas?" He repeated.

I groaned, "You. But--"

"Let it go. It isn't a big deal," He waved me off, "You always overreact when it comes to Mason, he didn't damage the car, did he?"

"No, but that isn't the point! He took my car without asking."

"Would you have let him if he asked you?" Dad questioned.

I scoffed, "Fuck, no!"

"Exactly. This grudge you have against him has to stop," He insisted, leaning forward and resting his elbows on his knees.

"Maybe it isn't Mason that I have a grudge against," I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly, "Maybe it's you, dad. I mean let's me honest for a second, you might be great with Mason and Mila, but with me? You suck as a dad."

Dad fell silent and he wouldn't look at me. He didn't say a word for a few minutes and I had actually contemplated leaving until he responded, "It's too bad that you feel that way, Thomas. I've tried my best with you. I've done whatever I possibly could for you..."

"Bullshit... You stopped caring for me the same time you kicked mom to the curb and started fucking my babysitter!" I glared at him.

He stood from the chair quickly to defend himself but before he could say anything Allison who appeared in the doorway of the family room spoke, "That is not true, Thomas. Your dad loves you."

I turned to face her, anger radiating off my body, "Stay the hell out of this, Allison. How about minding your own damn business for once, huh?"

"Don't talk to her like that, I raised you to respect women," Dad scolded me which caused me to laugh.

This guy was hilarious. He raised me to respect women? The guy didn't know how to respect women himself.

"You're funny, dad. That's rich coming from the guy who cheats on his wife, but hey, that's none of my business," I raised my hands up in defense before turning to Allison, "Don't interrupt me and my dad again, you've done that enough, haven't you?"

Without waiting for a reply, I walked past her and headed upstairs. If I didn't have to work so early in the morning I would have just went back to my mom's but at this very moment all I wanted was to collapse on a bed and sleep.

***

"Reid! How's it going under there?" My shift manager asked me while I was under a car, inspecting the muffler.

"All good," I answered, sliding out from under the car and sitting up. I wiped my greasy hands on my plain white shirt that already had grease stains all over it.