1) He's my best friend! 2) He's incedibly hot! and 3) I've secretly loved him all this time !!! *18*

Chapter 18

.........................................................................................................

"Nate's P.O.V"

I swallowed hard and watched her in silence, my heart beat accelerating at the thought of possibly losing her for good this time.

"So, what's it gonna be, Paige?" I asked quietly, my voice quivering slightly.

When she continued to look down at her feet, moving side to side as if deep in thought, I decided to make the next move myself.

I wasn't going to sit around and wait for her to run back to me this time. If things didn't work out tonight, I'd not only lose a wonderful girl... I'd lose my best friend too.

I took five steps forward and stood still when I was only a few inches away from her. I could feel her sweet breath as she inhaled and exhaled, I realized she was nervous too.

It always made me uncomfortable when there was a large crowd nearby, especially when trying to say something to someone. I looked around now, at the hundreds of people that came in and went out every few seconds.

It felt like all of their eyes were on us, but for the first time I tuned them all out. I only focused on Paige, who looked like an innocent trapped and unable to get out.

I didn't want her to feel that way.

I grabbed her hand and it surprised her for a second, causing her to look up into my eyes. I took in her deep blue eyes and wondered how I could've ever though her plain. She was far from plain, she was beautiful.

Suddenly it seemed very important for me to get my feelings out, to lay them out in front of her and beg her to understand.

It was time to tell her things I'd never been able to say to anyone else.

"I know I'm a jerk, Paige. And I also know that just when things seem to be about perfect, I take off." I held my breath for a second, silently pleading for some sign of interest.

The slight flicker of her eyelashes as she looked in my eyes, and then down told me she was listening now. And I needed to take the opportunity and speak.

"I run away when I should actually be with you. I've been doing it for years and as far back as I can remember. There's so much I've kept hidden and so much you don't even know about me. No wonder you're always trying to make me smile and all I do in return is put distance between us." I explained.

Then, when I noticed her eyes water and felt my own vision blur a little, I knew for certain that this moment would be something we'd both never forget.

I suddenly realized those chick-flick scenes that made girls cry could actually exist. I knew it from the way my heart was ready to explode and the way Paige's lips trembled along with her fingers.

"The truth is... Every time I ran from you, Paige, I was deceiving myself. But deep down, I guess I just needed someone to come after me. I needed the reassurance that "someone" out there wondered where the hell I was and what I was up to." I laughed at the last part and stood up straighter, putting emphasis into my next words.

Words that I'd just come to realize were damn true.

"I fucking love you, Paige." I whispered, my whole being in those three, well "four" words.

She looked up and the tears she'd been trying to keep at bay finally fell over, running down in identical streams.

I took the tip of my thumb and wiped at them, while pulling her close and hugging her tight.