Agent Phoenix: Book two Preview

A/N: Here it is! The Agent Phoenix book two preview/next book prologue thing. Also, this happens before the epilogue for this book but right after the last chapter. The next book happens before the epilogue, too. So basically, the epilogue happened after EVERYTHING. That make sense? No? Alright, moving on-

Logan's POV:

"Did you tell them?" Donna stepped into my dark office.

"Just did." I grumbled.

"You know they won't be able to do this alone, right?" She came and sat down in the chair in front of my desk.

"Your point?" I looked up at her.

"I've been looking over the agents, and I've decided on who we should bring to the mission." Donna announced, throwing two files at me.

"Who-" I stopped once I saw the names in the files. "Them?! No. I am not putting them in this mission."

"You don't have to, cause I already did." She smiled.

"The assassin, and the computer geek. Why them?"

"They're both part of the team who have been on Enki Island, trying to stop Disaster."

"But how can we trust-"

"You called, Donna?" We both turned to face the very two we had been talking about. The girl had spoken.

"What are you two doing back here?" I stood up.

"Well... You see," The boy was cut off by a scream from down the hall.

"That's why," The girl explained, unfazed by the scream of agony.

"What the heck was that?" Donna looked at them.

"Tim," They both said, the one in the hoodie cringing and the one wearing a black dress shrugged, her expression never wavering.

"Agent Dot? Is he okay?" Donna asked worriedly.

"Yeah, he's fine."

"If you consider nearly losing a leg as 'fine'." The boy rolled his eyes.

"It was his fault. He got our location compromised." She crossed her arms. "Besides, Morgan and Bre are there taking care of him."

"TIM I SWEAR TO GOD, STOP MOVING BEFORE I WHACK YOU OUT COLD WITH MY GUN!" Another voice echoed from down the hall, this time more feminine.

"Well, heh, 'taking care' can mean a lot of things, really.." He darted his eyes back to the hall, anxiously.

"Evan told us you wanted to see us."

"In that case..." Donna continued. "We need you to go to Phoenix drop and help the first class with their mission."

"Wait- First class as in Max, Jin, Adam-"

"Aphmau, Shelby and Alesa?" The girl finished. "Finally! An accuse to get away from you." She scrunched her nose up at the boy.

"Hey!" He shouted causing her to laugh.

"How do we even know if we can trust you?" I glared at the girl, not letting my surprise show when she didn't flinch or hesitate to speak.

"If this is because of my job.." She sighed heavily, more annoyed than sad. "Then let me ask you something; Don't you think it's only fair that some level of trust should be established at this point? After all, I have been working here for a year. What do you think's gonna happen? Me going nuts and killing everybody? I'll have you know I get enough of that with waves of enemies."

"She's right." He nodded. "You should see her covering for us. By the time we get in we doing even have sneak out anymore because she's already taken out everybody."

"But-"

"Logan, they're going." Donna placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Fine, but you better not make me regret this." I warned. With a smirk, and a two finger salute, she walked out of the office.

"Wait for me will ya!" The boy ran after her, clutching his laptop to his chest.

"Do you really believe they'll help?" I questioned.

"Yes," Donna sounded sure. "I have faith in them- all of them."

"Maybe you should, too."

A/N: Look out for the new book later this week, if not next week.

Who's ready for the sequel?!

-Onci <3