The Masquerade Part 7: Mission... Failed?

A/N: Okay I feel really bad cause we're near the end and I'm horrible with sticking to schedule nowadays when it comes to updates so I'm just writing this directly after the last chap.

Emmalyn' POV:

I stared as the shield thing around me dropped.

"What about them?" One of the people in the armor pointed at the people wearing black.

"Leave them, we've got what we came here for. Get the piece and let's go." The one who I assume was the leader, said. After they all left more people in black clothes came around the corner and I turned to the one laying on the ground, only to discover they were no longer wearing a mask or a hoodie, they were in a prom dress. Another bright flash covered them, leaving behind something that made my eyes widen.

"Jess?" I spoke.

"What happened?!" A high-pitched voice shouted and a person wearing a crown barreled towards her.

"You've gotta be kidding me.." Another girl- at least I think it was a girl -ran up to Jess.

I was so confused and my mind was spinning as I realized any one of us could've died there, I could've died-

Jess could've died!

Shaking, I grabbed a trophy from the trophy case that had shattered during the fight and raised it over my head in a defensive stance.

"Who are you people?" My voice sounded surprisingly more confident than I felt.

"Emmalyn, calm down." One of them tried to soother me,

Didn't work.

"How did you know my name?" I backed away as the one with fire gloves came up to me, "Get away from me!"

"Max!" I heard one of them hiss at him.

"Relax, I'm just gonna erase her memory-" I cut him off by swinging the trophy around my head and crashing into the back of his, knocking him over. "GAH!"

"Pfft!" The girl with the crown clasped her hand on her mouth.

"Ow.. She hits hard." Fire-gloves grumbled.

"Emmalyn.."

"How do you know my name?!" I asked again. The one with the watch sighed and tapped on said watch, turning back into normal clothes after a wave of the same binary-style washed over him. My heart stopped as I recognized him. One by one they all reluctantly turned back, leaving me astounded.

"Dongus? Barney? Sky? Alesa? Shumpie? Zan?" I turned to the last one. "Jin? Okay.. " I dropped the trophy, quite literally. "What is going on?!"

"We'll explain everything, but right now we need to get Jess some medical attention fast." Jin stepped closer but my eyes were on Jess. She laid there, limp, as she had a hug gash in the back of her head. Surrounding her head her own pool of blood started to form.

"You're right." I admitted and waited for there instruction.

"Can one of you pick her up?" Max asked.

"Seriously, she's heavy." Sky whined.

"No she isn't." Barney rolled his eyes. So he doesn't actually have an accent.

"Oh you boys are taking too long!" Alesa snapped at them and strolled over to Jess, picking her up easily. "She is lighter than a feather. Really, guys," She shook her head and began walking. "C'mon, let's get her to the nurse."