love: it's complicated // chapter thirteen

Start from the beginning

Astoria nodded. "Okay." She practically mouthed. She was afraid if she spoke the fear in her voice would be detectable, and Draco would snap. Kyler let go of her leg and Astoria grabbed a sandwhich off the huge plate of them. She ripped a small piece off and put it in her mouth, struggling to keep it down.

She took a drink of her pumpkin juice, and heard Kylers friends snickering. She looked over to see what they were laughing about, and Kyler had been whispering to them, but he was leaned up know. She turned her attention back to her food, "What the hell do you want?" She heard Kyler say, she looked up to see Draco, "How did she get those bruises?" Draco gabbed Astoria's arm and examined the bruises. Her heart lept in her chest, "Draco, please." She said under her breath. She knew she would pay for this later, but she didn't want Draco in any more trouble.

He ignored her, "It looks like someone grabbed her, pretty hard at that. And you're the only one I can think of that would do that." He was being loud, and people and stopped to watch. Astoria stood and placed her hands on Draco's chest, backing him up. "Go, Draco." She said sternly, not wanting him to get hurt anymore for her. Draco grabbed her wrist, but his grasp was soft and gentle. "Why are you doing this to yourself Astoria?" 

Kyler stood and shoved Draco away, "Who the hell do you think you are, touching her like that?" Draco clenched his fist, Astoria stepped in the middle and pushed him backwards, her voice was soft and caring. "Draco, look at me. You're better than him, don't let him get to you. Please." She begged, her eyes looking into his. He looked down at her and frowned, "I'm sorry Astoria. All the pain you've endured, it's all because of me."

His eyes were sad, and she shook her head. "No, Draco. It wasn't. I loved every minute, every second, I got to spend with you and still do." She gripped his arm, "We can't beat him." She said quietly. 

"Come on." He snarled at Astoria and grabbed her arm. She willingly followed him, taking one last glance at Draco before they were out of the great hall. Kyler shoved her foreward. "Walk." He barked at her, staying behind her. The corridors were bustling with people, which Astoria was thankful for. She knew what was going to happen the second they were alone.

"Astoria!" She heard someone call. She whirled around, "I said walk!" Kyler snapped and shoved her foreward. Kyler was leading her to the common room, where it would be completely deserted. When they were in there Kyler shoved her onto the couch. "Some faithful girlfriend you are." Astoria expected pain, but she didn't get anything. Kyler walked over to the fireplace and placed a hand on the wall, waiting.

She leaned up, confused. Had he learned to control his temper? The portrait shot open, and in walked Draco. Kyler smirked, "Here to join the party? She's a little used, but she'll still be good for you." Kyler walked over to Astoria and grabbed her hair. He yanked her off the couch and threw her in the floor. "There, she's worthless anyway." 

Draco stopped in his steps, his fist clenched. Astoria's hair fell to one side as she slowly stood up, but Kyler kicked her in the back, causing her to fall. She groaned in pain. She was afraid Draco would loose control. "Draco, go!" She said breathlessly.

Kyler smirked and looked at Draco, he wanted Draco to snap. "What's it gonna be? You going to run away, or protect your sweet Astoria?" He kicked her in the ribs with a force so strong it knocked the breath out of her. She struggled to breath, Draco took a step foreward, but Astoria stopped him. "Draco I mean it, get out of here!"

"You know, I don't think he cares about you, he's just watching you get abused." Kyler smirked, he leaned down and grabbed her hair, yanking her head up, "Do you remember that night? Because I remember it perfectly. You were so good, I just couldn't stop myself." He looked up at Draco, "You should really get on it Draco, i've taken the best part, but you might be able to get something out of her."

Draco had snapped. He grabbed Kyler by the collar and threw him to the ground. He repeatedly punched him, over and over again. Kyler's face had began to distort into a bloody mess. "Draco stop! Draco, you're gonna kill him!" Draco stood and kicked him over and over, as hard as he could. Astoria stood and grabbed Draco, pulling him back. She grabbed his shoulders, "Draco, stop. It's what he wanted!"

Astoria glanced at Kyler, he wasn't moving. She looked back at Draco. "Go." she said quietly. He grabbed her face in his hands. "I'm sorry." She nodded, "I know. Now go." she said softly. He turned and walked out.

Astoria looked at Kyler and walked over to him. She bent down and placed a hand on his chest. He was still breathing, but only just. She pulled her wand out and began to cast a spell, and slowly the blood began to disappear, but his pain was still there. She repaired as much as she could, but the rest would have to heal on it's on.

He laid in the floor and she moved to the couch where she watched him until he regained conciseness. He stood up slowly, stumbling a bit. "You're a complete and total asshole!" Astoria said, not moving. "And you're a whiny little bitch, what else is new?" He said and threw himself on the couch. "Damn he hits hard."

"You deserved it!" She said loudly. He put his hand up. "Don't yell" He moaned with his hand still on his head. She stood and slapped it away, causing him pain. "I'm done with you! You wont touch him or me!" Kyler stayed still, "Wait till I recover."

Astoria shook her head, and walked out of the common room, Kyler's screams faded as she shut the portrait. She walked a while until she found Draco by the Black Lake. "He's okay." She said quietly. "I hoped he wasn't." He answered.

"No you didn't." She said, although she was unsure. She stood for a minute then put her head down, the tears were coming fast. Draco grabbed her and pulled her toward him. She wrapped her arms around him, "I love you" she said quietly. 

Draco leaned down and placed his hands on her cheek. He kissed her softly, she missed the feeling of his lips on hers. They were soft and caring, matching his touch. She moved toward him, deepening the kiss. He placed his hand on the arch of her back. She wrapped her arms around his neck, breaking for only a second before kissing him again.

His tongue moved over her bottom lip, and she opened her mouth, willingly giving him entrance. She kissed him passionately and deeply. He pulled away and rested his forhead on hers. "I don't care what he says or what happens, you're not to go back with him." he said quietly. Astoria shook her head, "Never. I'm yours." She kissed him softly again.