39. Lunch At Pierre's.

Start from the beginning

"Totally," was my positive reply. I loved brownies.

"Perfect," he said and he placed the tablet aside and glanced at the ingredients in front of him. Everything happened to be already placed on the counter in front of him, he just had to start the preparation, and he did soon enough.

I remained quietly on my stool, my eyes on him. It was weird for me to be here with him cooking a meal for me. He could protest as much as he wanted but for me, it did seem like a date. It would be the first time that him and I would be face to face, alone, while eating. It would be like having a romantic dinner, or in that case, a romantic lunch.

While watching him, my mind drifted off to some dreamy thoughts. I imagined him and I living together, I imagined him and I being married in the future. Our house would probably be different from this one, probably more colorful. I would also stick some of the photos of him and I to the walls. Pierre wanted to travel and souvenirs from our numerous future trips would most likely be found in the house. That only thought brought a smile to my face.

"Are you dreaming?" Pierre asked me, snapping me out of my thought and I blinked. His attention was on the food preparation but he was throwing some glances at me. "You seem to be dreaming."

"I am living a dream with you," I told him and he rolled his eyes, though, I could tell that he was amused.

"You're quiet," he said, "Don't you want to talk? Or, do you want me to make conversation again?"

 I let out a light chuckle and shook my head. I then sighed after a moment, averting my eyes, "Actually, to be honest with you, I'm kind of sad today."

"What? Why?" he asked me instantly, stopping what he was doing to look at me with a worried look in the eyes. "Did something happen?"

"No, nothing happened. I just woke up in a sad mood," I replied with a shrug, "I can't even explain why I'm sad. The feeling is just consuming me entirely."

True, when I woke up this morning, one hour passed with me just staring at the ceiling. I felt depressed at my awake and a lot of sad thoughts came to me. I felt angry, impatient, sad and I had an uncontrollable want to break something. I couldn't really explain it, things just turned out that way.

"Hey, did I do something?" Pierre asked me as he quickly walked to me. He grabbed my hand without hesitation. "Tell me, did I say something wrong?"

"No, you didn't do anything bad, love. Like I said, I just woke up with sadness inside, there's no particular reason to explain it," I told him and he seemed to be more worried than before.

"What can I do to make you feel better?" he asked me quickly and his hand tightened around mine.

"You don't have to do anything, it's okay," I assured him. "It's just a little phase. The feeling will go away before the end of the day."

I gave him a small smile but he did not seem to appreciate it. With a bit of obvious hesitation, he leaned forward to press his lips against my cheek. I was startled by his sudden action and I was even more surprised when he kissed me on the forehead and then hugged me. I immediately wrapped my arms around him. Damn, he smelt so nice and it just made me feel good to be so close to him.

I did not know why I told him about how I was feeling. I planned on not telling him anything about it as I did not want to ruin our lunch together as well as his mood but I ended up telling him the truth. His hug was the only thing that I needed and I never wanted him to go away.

I pulled him closer and he ended up sitting on my legs. I could tell that our new position embarrassed him due to the fact that I felt his whole body heat up. He wrapped his arms around my neck and me around his waist so that he did not fall off me. We locked eyes and I slowly leaned forward to kiss him. It was not a kiss on the lips but it was close enough to his lips to make him shiver.