Oh brother, what a mess

Start from the beginning

Rolling my eyes, I grabbed my phone and shoved it into my pocket. When I was satisfied that I had all that I needed, I turned to my brother.

"Freya's amazing as always, and as per usual, I'm not going to talk about Lianne with you."

He smirked and grabbed his coat as well.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?"

"To see my amazing niece, of course."

I wanted to tell him, no, but I knew that Freya would be happy to see him. I was also tempted to tell him that hitting on Lilly was off limits, but after finding out about Killian, I wasn't sure where she and I stood.

"You follow me in your own car, that way if you get out of line you can leave and drive yourself home."

I didn't wait for a reply, instead, I walked out of the door and headed straight for my car. After starting the engine, I got my phone out of my pocket and texted Freya, letting her know that I was on my way, and just as I was about to pull off she texted me back.

I paused to read it, and a smile lit of my face when I saw what she texted.

Halfway to Lilly's house, I made a diversion and stopped at the floweriest that sells Lilly's favourite flowers and get a bunch. I also grabbed some for Freya and Rose.

As I was exiting the shop, I saw my brother leaning against his car chatting up a pretty looking goth girl. I chuckled, when it comes to my brother, there's no type of women that he didn't like.

He saw me entered my car and he kissed the girl on her cheeks and began following me again. We were only five minutes out from our destination, but I was anxious about what state I'd fine Lilly in.

That night when I left, she was crying and saying things about herself that I knew wasn't true. Try as I might, I couldn't convince her, that in no way or form having sex with me cast as cheating on Killian.

She somehow got it in her head that she's a cheat, and I couldn't get her to see reasons. After hours of no progress, I decided to leave and give her some space.

I pulled up outside of the house and grabbed the keys for the house out of the glove compartment.

My brother was right behind me as I opened the door and entered the house. The first thing that hit me when I entered was the scent of home cooking, and the second was Lilly.

Her long waist length red hair was left flying as she Freya and Rose dance to some kid song. They were all laughing and having a good time. She looked so carefree, a far cry from the sobbing women I left three weeks ago.

I stood there watching, entranced by how beautiful the picture before me look. I couldn't help the smile that crept up on my face, as I watched the three women that are the centre of my world.

Rose was the first to see me, her green eyes lit up, causing her to break away from her mother and run over to me.

"Daddy, Noah!"

I crouched down to catch her as she ran into my arms. Her little hands enclosed around my neck in a tight hug, which I returned. When she finally pulled away, I gave her the flowers that I was holding.

"A rose for a rose."

She giggled, "I like pink, it's so pretty."

She turned with the roses in her hands, "Look, mommy, aren't they pretty?"

Lilly smiled, finally taking her eyes off of me to look at the roses in her daughter's hand.

"They're very pretty, why don't you go put them in some water."