Old book and new discovery

Lana's POV (bet you haven't expect it)

Back in Hogwarts. Again. But it's so different now. Do you know that feeling when you fell into routine and everything is so common for you and suddenly when the end is near you start to appreciate and miss those 'so common' things?

My last year. Last night trips to kitchen, last walks on school grounds, last pranks on my roommates, last quidditch season with my team.

Yeah I'm gonna miss it all, even Snape's classes!

But something is definitively wrong. The Golden Trio... and Ginny! Everywhere I go (fortunately not in my classes) I see Granger, Potter or Weasley siblings. What the hell is wrong with them? Are they some kind of stalkers or something?!

I would get if Potter stalked our trainings, he's captain of Gryffindor team for Merlin's sake, but when I turned around in library and saw Granger and Weasley suddenly standing there trying to not look like there were staring at me just second ago.... it's so creepy!

And this is happening from the moment we came back so like for two months!
Like I said. Creepy.

But some of my classmates sometimes stares at me too but because of different reason. I'm pretty sure I look like a walking dead. When I looked into the mirror I nearly screamed. I'm now pale like a paper, bags under my eyes are getting bigger and my hair is mess that I'm trying to keep at least in some kind of messy bun. I can really feel energy dissapearing from my body everyday and if I haven't had a coffee every morning I don't know if I would be able to walk.

And guess why?... yeah you're correct. Bellatrix!!

I can't even think about her so let's just change a subject. Puppies! Who doesn't like puppies?!

I'm kidding...maybe.... so now I'm sitting in the Owlery, reading a book and trying to kill some time. Are you asking why in Owlery? Good question.... it's just good place when you want to be alone. And why kill some time? It's Sunday for Merlin's beard!

I was just in half of one muddle book called To kill a Mockingbird

It was really good book I have to say. But I had to be carefull because the book was really old and thumb. My father gave that to me on my seventeen birthday and said that my mother wanted me to have it. I feel like I'm somehow connected with her when I read it.

When I was about turning the page when I felt something little collide with my body and all I saw was ball of feathers. Book fell on the ground but I didn't care. Carefully I grabbed a little owl and look at her. She was soo cute! But when she pecked my finger and flew away I regret it. I just sigh and picked up the book and noticed a paper under it. My heartbeat stopped. No! Please don't be a page, please don't be a page!

I slowly lifted it and sighed in relief that it wasn't a page from that book. But there was a tinny handwritting. It looked like woman's handwritting.

But why in my book?

I took a deep breath and start reading.

My dearest daughter,
In life we have to make decisions. Easy and hard. You have to trust me that this was the hardest decision in my whole life.

My Lyra, you and your father are the best thing that ever happened to me. I love you with my whole life and I would never let anyone to hurt you.
I know that you're confused now and I'll be glad to explain it to you.

Your name isn't Lana but Lyra. Xenophillius and Pandora aren't your parents. Pandora and I are really good friends and that why I came to them.

Me and your father are number one on Deatheaters list of enemies. We didn't want you to get hurt. So I did what I did.

It all happened today, 31st October 1981. Your father was away to check on our family friends when an owl came. It was from my friend who was friends with some of Deatheaters. She said that Deatheaters and Voldemort planned some kind of 'hunt' and we and Potters were part of it.

I didn't waste any time. I regret what I did but I blocked your memories. It too dangerous for you to know. You were sleeping when it happened. I grabbed your favourite blanket, gave you my necklake (you always played with it), my favourite book (even if it is muggle book, be careful with it please) and went to Lovegoods.

Now I'm sitting here with Pandora and Xenophillius around and writting this. I don't know what will happen. I don't know if you'll ever read this in case I'll survive.

Don't be mad at Pandora and Xenophillius. They are one of the best people I've ever met. They took you in and I hope that they'll rise you like if you were their own daughter.

I'm sorry I'm no longer in your life. I'm sorry that I couldn't see you grown up in young and beautiful woman I'm sure you are.

Remember we love you no matter what. We don't care if you're Slytherin or Hufflepuff, if you're the smartest or stupidest in class even if you're quidditch star or quiet bookworm we love you Lyra and we hope you're happy. We are still with you forever and ever.

I love you my little lost constelation.

Your mother
Elena Lillian Lestrange-Black

In the half of the letter tears escaped my eyes and didn't stop. I was crying like a little baby. Pandora wasn't my mother, Xenophillius isn't my father, Luna isn't my sister, I lived in lie for sixteen years.

Book in my hands and necklake on my neck, those things were my mothers.

I wasn't Lana Lovegood.

I'm Lyra Black.