The Truth

* 1971*

Next day, Elena was the first one to wake up and noticed that the sun was just rising from above the horizon. She was enjoying it but then she remembered what happened last night. Her smile faded quickly and looked down at her forearm.

Blood-traitor

Her own mother engraved her new status into her skin permanently. Again, fresh tears found their way down her cheeks. But then she realized that she was completely blind to one single fact.
She was free. She was finally free. After all those years of listening to her mother and being controlled by everybody, she was... free!
She didn't even realize that she was grinning like an idiot but hey, there was a reason! 

Still smiling, she grabbed her new clothes and smiled, even more, when she saw warm Gryffindor colours - crimson red and gold. A big difference from colours she was used to from her so-called home, dark green, and silver. They spoke for the Black family like a big billboard 'Hey, we are cold-hearted snakes who are able to disown their own daughter, want some tea?' Yeah, very pertinent.

It didn't take her long to dress up and still, she was the only one awake.

Elena's POV

I was ready to go down for breakfast but then I saw something red under my bed. I went and saw... Mother's Howler?! I thought it destroyed itself! But... it seems like it didn't. I didn't want to leave it here so I just pushed it into my pocket. My stomach growled like a lion. Breakfast!!!

I was in half of my third toast with jam when Sirius, James, Remus and some other boy, smaller than others with blond hair, came into Great Hall. They took a seat near me, Sirius had even a nerve to sat on my left side, meanwhile, James took a seat on my right. Both looked a little unsure. Sirius was the first one who spoke.

 "So....are still mad at me?" he asked quietly. I bite my toast firstly but then I turn my head to him. 

"Maybe a little. Yesterday was horrible for me. Gryffindor instead of Slytherin, haters at Sorting, letter from my Mother..." 

"Wait, what?!" 

"She sent me Howler." I sighed, pulling out the red paper that I found under my bed and gave it to Sirius. He scanned it for a moment and then looked up, slightly shocked. 

"They...they disowned you?" he asked quietly. I nodded dispassionately.

"El...I-I-I'm s-sorry. I-I didn't m-mean to c-caused s-something like t-that.I...."

"Sirius, shut up before I make you with this toast!" I cut him off. "It's okay. Really. In fact, it was the best thing that ever happened to me." I smiled brightly. 

All four boys were staring at me like it was some kind of joke.

"What?"James finally spoke. 

"You don't get it? I'm free guys! All these years of listening to my mother's orders, torturing me to 'get me stronger for him', pushing me to Slytherin and all those pureblood bullshits, are over and... and I couldn't be happier. I was supposed to be one of these Slytherin robots who sightlessly listen to their parents but now..." I took a deep breath. "Now I'm a Gryffindor. And I'm proud of it." I said finally and smiled even brighter. Sirius was the first who get over the shock and hugged me. James followed and Remus gave me a supportive smile.

"But still....there is one question." said Sirius after he pulled away. "Where are you going to live? They kicked you out El. I would offer you our house, I'd even sleep on the floor of my bedroom but... since your parents and my parents are like one hand, it wouldn't be the best idea." he sighed sadly. I nodded understanding. His parents were as horrible as mine. I kind of understood why they got along so well. 

"What about my house!" suggested James out of the blue.

 "What?"

"My house. You can stay with me. You met my parents at King's Cross and they loved you! So, will you do me an honor of being my new little sister?" Okay, that sounded a little bit like a marriage proposal but... "I would be honoured of you being my big bro." I laugh and hugged him.

I've never been happier in my life than at this moment. I finally rid of my terrible mother, I found a new home and a new, wonderful future with my new, wonderful friends and my new big brother. I never felt so safe, and so alive like I did at this moment.