20. Eyes Like Yours

Start from the beginning

The location was filled with people, but just as Chanyeol had assured, it was only them. Most of them were in the pool, splashing around and shooting each other with water guys - well, who would have thought that these guys were also in fact criminals - others were eating pizza - lemonades, Piña Coladas and cocktails were scattered among them.

The darkness of the night had fallen like a rich velvet blanket of black, swallowing up the day, draining the colors to grey and then to nothing at all. Neon lights flashed everywhere like police sirens, but much more colorful, artificial palm trees enhanced the atmosphere.

Half naked people, who were probably already on some shit, loud music, yells, drugs, alcohol; hilarious how Baekhyun found all of the things he used to think of as gross and obnoxious pretty usual and normal today.

Wearing nothing but a pair of short swimming trunks a guy called Minho had lent him, Baekhyun was sitting on the seats in the pool, beside him Chanyeol whose arms were around the smaller male's neck.

As it seemed, the elder was in a pretty good and playful mood, a fact that confirmed Baekhyun's beliefs. Chanyeol had been laughing and smiling the entire day now; Chanyeol was doing good - and Baekhyun had worried for nothing.

He should've just ignored the little discovery earlier in the morning, he shouldn't have acted surprised in the first place, moreover, there was absolutely nothing to be surprised about. Chanyeol had been literally jailed due to drugs, Chanyeol was literally the leader of an actual drug trafficking organisation.

He should just enjoy all of this. Enjoy his life, enjoy his time with Chanyeol.

There was nothing to worry about, Baekhyun lightly smiled and found himself gazing the other a little too long.

Whenever Chanyeol laughed, Baekhyun felt like he was filled with light. His laughter was sweet and soft, like the sound of tinkling bells.

Much to his embarrassment, he didn't notice that Chanyeol was staring back, their eyes locked. And it was then when he noticed that Chanyeol was also smiling, his smile shone like stars after dark, the deep curve on his lips made the world stop around him. Happiness flared in the elder's eyes and for the first time that day it began to in Baekhyun's too.

Even if the world around them started collapsing, Baekhyun was convinced that his heart would not get crushed as long as he was looking at Chanyeol.

Worries were a dissipation of time, unnecessary and bothersome. If Chanyeol smiled, if Chanyeol laughed, everything would be okay, things would be fine.

And they remained like that, smiling at one another. Baekhyun felt like the water around them had suddenly gotten hotter - and suddenly, their faces were only inches apart, and suddenly they felt each other's hot breath against their skin-

"AH! Don't loooook at me! Stop staring, you perverts! Ugh!" Junmyeon's throaty scream filled their ears, making Baekhyun flinch and back away, embarrassed.

His heart soared, his cheeks tainted pink. Baekhyun felt weird, the feelings were alien. They were strange; they stretched throughout his whole body. It was overwhelming, yet made him feel complete. It felt as though he was in a dangerous fire, but completely safe at the same time. It felt as if he was given peace. It felt as if his heart was dancing around his chest.

It was probably just the high temperature.

Without giving it a second thought, Baekhyun shifted his gaze away from the warm water, his eyes finally trained on the disturber on the other side of the pool.

Junmyeon seemingly tried to cover his naked torso with his arms, sending anyone in the close proximity to him a threatening look. "Gosh, Krease... Kris... will be jealous, you piiigs!"