The Bartender

AN: This is just a draft I wrote, it may or may not happen in the book, which is now published.

Meghan's POV:

We had a fight.

Again.

It's like the third time this month, but this time we're over. I'm sure of it.

He says that I'm crazy, so I respond that he's just clingy.

Then he snapped, "Maybe you just don't know how a real relationship works!" 

I left in silence.

~

"Yo, bay-bay! I need another drink over here!" Says a douche with his friends. To add insult to injury- the one I really want to give him, he slaps his hand on the counter and makes kissy faces at me.

I hate my job. No. I hate the people at my job.

Instead of throwing a bottle at his head, I smile and sashay my way down the bar. My hair swings perfectly and the leather I'm rocking gives every man here ideas. By the time I make it over to the douche, he's the attention of envy.

You see, I haven't smiled all night, so now everyone wants to know what makes him so special. Quickly and with lots of flare, I make his overly simplistic beverage.

But instead of regular vodka, I add in some Everclear.

Or as real drinkers know it, the shit that the even the Devil is wary of.

You don't fuck around with it. Either you drink it to forget or someone gives it to you without explaining. FYI that person hates your guts.

My reasons are self explanatory.

Half of me even doubts the man can get it down while the other half doesn't really care.

I give the douche his drink with a smile still on my face. Of course now his ego's all over inflated. His friends give him pats on the back like I'm not supposed to know what they mean. Of course now he's going to try the ancient game of flirting, but not for a relationship.

He wants me to lay with him tonight and then leave once he's satisfied.

"I heard that blondes always have more fun. That true?" He slurs in my direction.

I tilt my hair over my shoulder and dim my smile down to sinister.

"Maybe. But take another look at my hair baby." I purr and give them a second to look at it. "I'm not just any regular blonde, so my fun tends to get dirty."

The greatness of my line is wasted on these drunks but it leads events the way I want them to go anyway.

Which is the douche chugging his drink, because he thinks that it'll make him look manlier in my eyes.

Now, with a regular drink, he'd maybe gag a bit.

But I don't give a fuck what you mix Everclear with, that shit burns when swallowed to a level in which the douche wasn't prepared for.

Immediately his already inebriated body rejects the grain alcohol entrance, and it comes back out of his mouth with force.  And since that venom was gone, his body decides the throw up the rest of the shit he's consumed in the last day or so.

Now, I had already expected this to happen so I'm safe from the spew zone-

the guys next to him are not.

Needless to say, the tatted biker looking guy wasn't pleased. His fist swung out and stuck the landing on the douche's jaw.

And then a bar fight began with me standing behind the counter still smiling.