If Only You Saw What I Can See

Start from the beginning

“Guys, turn to channel 9.” I asked them.

Zweig automatically turned it to channel 9. Then, we started to know how devastating the heavy rain was.

A hurricane struck the city of Danville which devastated a lot of property in just a matter of time. A lot of building structures especially, Tomlinson East High School was terribly affected by the calamity which damaged a cost of more than $30 million. Jane Dominica reporting on RIverdale News.

Rose was terribly shocked, I could see her covering her mouth with her hands. Everyone just couldn’t believe it. It was so unimaginable.

A phone rang during our sudden grief. It wasn’t a cellphone but a telephone. Zweig went to answer the call.

“Hello?” said Zweig. Everyone of us just stared at him as if there was something we’re waiting.

“Yeah?” He nodded. “Uh-huh.”

I bet there was something not good about that call.

“Yes, he’s here.” Said Zweig. Then, he covered the telephone's receiver with his hand and called for Cody.

“Cody.” Zweig handed him the telephone. Cody took the phone and went to talk to that someone who’s calling.

“Hello?” greeted Cody. “This is Cody.”

I can see agony on Cody’s face. He had this intense worrisome that was bugging him.

“What?” Cody raised his voice shockingly. “Where?”

All of us were in a silent mode. We were observing Cody. I was so worried. I couldn’t imagine how Cody will react to what had happened. Liam didn’t even have any idea what was going on. I even thought that Cody and Liam’s birthday could have had saved our lives from a great calamity.

“We’ll be there in 10 minutes.” Cody’s last statement before he hung up.

I took a deep breath. Finally, Cody didn’t actually rampage the place. He kept calm but he was onto something.

“Liam,” he said. “We need to go to the hospital, right now.”

Liam was surprised. He didn’t even know how a hospital had to do with anything. But he kept silent and calm. Both of them went to the garage. Yes, garage because it was too predictable. And probably, drove themselves to that hospital.

Of course, we didn’t let ourselves be left. We also went to the hospital. Thanks to Don, he had a black BMW. He drove us to that hospital they were going.

“Zoom!” the car was driving so swiftly. We were in our seatbelts because we couldn’t hold on much longer. Some roads were closed due to that tornado disaster. We didn’t even have any idea what hospital to go to. Luckily, we spotted Liam’s car and we followed along the way.

We could see debris all over the place. Wrecked cars and working ambulance spread on various streets. So many devastated properties were undeniably spotted everywhere.

“Wee-woop! Wee-woop!” Behind us was a rushing ambulance. We immediately went out of the way and tend to make way for the ambulance. Then, the problem started.  We couldn’t spot Liam’s car anywhere.

“Did anybody see where Dan was going?” yelled Don because the speed of the car made a loud noise.

“Dan?” Rose yelled back.

“Liam.” Jesh corrected.

“Oh. I don’t know where they went. I was quite busy.” said Rose.