The Secret Out

Jack's POV

Today started out kinda weird. While I was getting dress Mark texted me saying he won't be able to walk with to school. It made me kinda sad, but I brushed it off, put in my ear phones and listened to music while walking to school. When I got to the school. Felix, Ken and Ethan ran up to. "Jack follow us. We need you." Ethan said pulling my arm. "What for?!" I asked. "Just come on." Ken said. We got to the entrance of the school and they told me that Mark wanted to meet at my locker. They pushed me into the school and I walked to my locker. When I got to my locker I didn't see Mark. I saw a girl with brown hair in a braid. I was so confused but I walked up to my locker anyways to get my books. "Hi." She said. "Uhh hi?" I responded in confusion. "So you must be Jack. I'm Ava." She said smiling. "Ooook." I said really confused. "So I wondering if you wanted to go to the dance with me? I really like you." She said blushing. She actually likes me?! I would go with her if I didn't have social anxiety and if I wasn't gay. "L-look Ava you seem nice but I'm actually.....gay. So I'm really sorry." I said as kindly as possible. "O-oh well sorry about that. W-well see ya." She said with disappointment in her voice. I felt bad that I said I couldn't go with her. But I'm saving my heart for Mark. The bell rang for first period and I walked to class. When I got their Mark was their in his seat next to mine. "Hey Mark." I said sitting down in my seat. "Hey Jack. Sorry about this morning. I was uhhhh busy." He said strangely. "I-Its fine." I said as the teacher walked in. She started teacher for about 50min until she was called to the office. We had about 10 mins of class left. Once she left everyone started talking with each other. I started drawing again until I noticed Mark just starring at me. "Uhhhh you ok Mark?" I asked blushing a bit. "Sooooooo do you have a date to the dance?!" He asked me smiling. "N-no." I said confused once again. "W-what but what about that girl I saw you talking to this morning?" He asked. "I said no to her. W-why do need to know?" I asked. "C-cause me and the guys set it up. We need you to have a date since we all got a date except you." He said. "Y-you set it up?! Why?!" I asked a little frustrated. "Well why didn't you say yes. I've talked to her, she just like you!" He said. " I just couldn't ok?!" I said looking down at the floor. "Why!? Why couldn't you?!" The bell rang at the right moment. "Why Jack?!" He said. Then I kinda snapped. "Because I'm GAY! ALRIGHT I'M GAY!!!" I said running out the room with tears in my eyes. I can't believed Mark hasn't caught on. I heard someone calling my name. "Jack, Jack!!!" He said running after me. I kept on walking. I then felt him grab my wrist and pull me into the bathroom. "What?!!" I asked him. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asked. "I just couldn't alright." I said as tear flown down my face. "You shouldn't have hidden this from me. We're best friends I wouldn't have judged you." He said with his hands on my shoulders. I blushed and smiled a bit knowing he still excepted me. "Th-thank you. And I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I was scared." I said looking down again. "It's fine. Not matter what will be best friends." He said pulling me into a hug. I blushed deeply. I hugged back and he was the first to release from the hug. "Soooo? How'd you find out about you being gay?" He asked. I froze. I can't tell that I discovered my sexuality because of him. "Oh well I have a crush on this guy. That how I found out." I said. "Oh who?" He asked. I was so nervous to tell him. "Ohhh well..... it doesn't matter. I know he doesn't like me back." I said. "So what are you gonna do about the dance then? Your coming right?" He asked. "M-maybe." I said. "Ok. Oh speaking of the dance I now have a date." He said. And just like that I felt like I was gonna burst into tears again. He has a date? "Really who?" I asked trying to act surprised. "Her names Brooke and she's like the nicest and cutest person ever. She's actually joining us at lunch." He said. Great. I now have to deal with Mark and his date that isn't me. "Oh cool. I'm glad you have a date." I said with a fake smile. "Thanks." He said as the bell rang. We were late for 2nd period. "Come on were late." He said walking out of the bathroom. I was heart broken. I'm the only one out of whole group of friends who doesn't have a date. I sighed in sadness and walked to 2nd period. Looks like Mark's never gonna be with me now.