New Friends

Jack's POV

I read the note and me and Mark went up to my room. When we got to room Mark was in amazement. He was looking at all my drawing I had hung up. "Y-you drew all these?" He asked. "Yup. I have more in the bookshelf." I said motioning the my old sketch books. "Wow. How long have you been drawing?" He asked. "Uhhhhhhhh since I was 7." I said. "Really?! How old are you now?" He said. "I'm 12. Birthday was a month ago." I said. "Oh well happy late birthday." He said smiling. I chuckled a bit. "Thanks. Stay right here I'll be right back."I said to him. He nodded his head and I left the room to go check on my mom. I walked in her room and saw her resting in bed reading a book. "Hi mom." I said. "Hello Sean. How's was your first day of school?" She asked. "It was surprisingly good. I actually made a friend." I said smiling. "Oh Sean that's great to hear. Where's Malcom?" She asked. "He went to the store. Dad should be back soon though." I said. "Ok than. What's your friends name." She said. "Mark. He's really nice." I said. "Well that's good."*cough cough*
It looked like she's getting worst. "Mom are you sure we can't take you to the hospital. It looks like your getting worst." I said with concern. "Honey I think I'll tell you when I need to go to the hospital. But right now I'm fine." She said softly. "Ok then. I'll be in my room. Oh and Mark's with me. Is that alright?" I asked. "That's fine." I nodded my head and went back to my room. I saw Mark on my bed looking though my old drawings. "Jack theses are incredible. They all look so realistic." He said smiling. "Thanks." I said. I was about text my dad about mom but I heard the front door open and close. I walked down stairs and saw my dad.
"Hey dad." I said. "Oh hey Sean. How was school?" He asked. "Good actually I made a friend." That's great. Where's Malcom? He asked. "He went to the store. And I checked on mom." I said. "How is she?" He asked. "I think she's getting worst." I said sadly. He sighed and looked at me. "Why can't we take her the hospital?!" I said about to cry. "Sean you know she won't go. She'll refuse. I know you want to help but we can't do anything about it till she wants to." He reassured me. I wiped my eyes and nodded. At that moment Mark came out of my room and went downstairs. He saw my dad and my dad saw me. "Oh hello there." My dad said looking at Mark. "Hi there." Mark said waving at my dad. "Dad this is my new friend Mark. Mark this is my dad." I said. "Nice to meet you." Mark said. "You too. So your Sean's new friend?" My dad asked. My eyes grew big when he said my real name. "Yeah. Well will be I my room dad." I said as me and Mark walked back to my room. When we got to my room Mark gave me a weird face. "What?" I asked smiling. "Sean?" He said confused. "That's my real name where I come from Sean means Jack. I prefer Jack though." I said. "Where did you come from?" He asked. I guess now would be a good time to show my Irish accent. "I came from Ireland." I said with my accent. "Really? That's really cool. I like your accent though." He said kindly.  "Thanks." "So Jack not that I was spying or anything but I heard you crying downstairs." He said with concern. My eyes grew big. I hope he didn't hear anything about my mom. "Oh it's was nothing I'm fine." I said. "Ok then and tomorrow at school I want you to meet my friends." He said. I froze again. I mean I was barely able to talk to Mark. How am I gonna talk to his friends. I still have my social anxiety. "I-I don't know Mark. I was barely able to talk to you. With me social anxiety I don't know if I can talk to all your friends. Your actually my first friend ever!!" I said looking down. "Jack their great guys they're funny, nice, stup- wait you have social anxiety and I'm you first FRIEND EVER!!!!" He said loudly. "Yeah. My social anxiety made it hard for me to make friends in Ireland. But I had the courage to talk to you. But if I talking to a group like your friends ill have a meltdown. And you are my very first friend." I said. "Wow Jack. I'm so sorry. But trust me my friends will except you. They excepted Wade and he's an idiot." Mark said smiling. I laughed at his comment and sighed. "Alright I'll try to talk to them but if I freeze more an once I'm leaving." I said. "Deal. Well I should go. See you tomorrow. Will wait for you in front of your house. Ok?" "Ok bye Mark." "Bye Jack." He waved goodbye and left the house. I wasn't looking forward to tomorrow.