Best Friends

Mark's POV

Poor Jack. He been through so much the past few days. He hasn't come back to school for about a week after his mom died which I understand. He witness the death of his mother. A kid that young shouldn't go through that. But everyday since then I've been going over to his house after school and hangout with him to try and cheer him up. He still draws though. He said that makes him forget about it. But today he told me he's coming back to school. Like before I waited for him outside his house for us to walk to school together. He came out of his house with his sketch book in hand. "Hey Jack. You ok?" I asked with concern. "Y-yeah I'm fine." He said looking down. "It'll be ok. I'll stay by your side all day. And don't worry the guys will be happy to see you again." I said smiling at Jack. He smiled back. "Thanks Mark." We walked to school in silence. I understand he probably didn't want to talk at the moment. When we got to school the guys saw us immediately. They ran over to Jack and asked him tons of question. I noticed Jack was feeling uncomfortable. "Guys back off. He still pretty sensitive." I said having my arm around Jack. "Sorry Jack. How you feeling?" Bob asked. "O-ok I guess." He said softly. "Were sorry about your mom Jack. Just know we're here for you. Were like a big family." Felix said. Jack smiled. "Thanks guys. You guys are the best." He said as the bell rang. I then notice that I still had my arm around Jack. He seemed to notice too. "Ummm Mark can you take your arm off me?" He asked smiling. "Ohhh uhhhh sorry." I said as I took my hand off him. He chuckled and walked into the school leaving me standing there. He turned around and looked at me. "Come on Mark." He said. I quickly walked over to him and we started walking to 1st period together. I'm happy to see that he smiling again.

Time Skip 

Jack's POV

It was so werid having Mark's arms around me. I was blushing the entire time. Luckily he didn't notice. God it been so hard trying not to like him. Ever since my mom pasted away he's been coming over to my house after school to try and cheer me up. With him it always works. When I see him I can't help but smile. My crush on him grows everytime we hangout. And when he had his arm around me, it felt so right. Like it was meant to be there. As we were walking to class I was looking through some of my drawings I made while I was out of school. Mark looked over my shoulder and saw the drawing. "I still don't understand how your so creative and artistic?" He asked. "I just am." I said smiling. He laughed. When we got to class we sat next to each other like always. I'm glad to have a friend like Mark and the guys. The guys are great friends and all but Mark is like my best friend.