13: Life Ain't Always Beautiful [3rd Draft]

Start from the beginning

Bailey gave a sympathetic look towards the Levy's. No parents deserved to go through this. Bailey turned her attention back towards Gwen when she heard the girl harrumph in frustration.

Gwen strolled over to where Bailey was standing. "That man is like a saint. Can he not see my boobs and ass are beckoning him for some play? I mean seriously, what man wouldn't want to have a piece of this?" She growled so fiercely that Bailey wondered if it had been too loud and two seconds later she realized it had as he turned with a smirk in their direction.

"Shit, he heard me," Gwen swiftly turned, giving Bailey a panicked look before pushing her towards the door they'd just come in.

"You're too young for him. He does enjoy the attention though."

Bailey chuckled as he waggled his eyebrows at Gwen, then the serious face came and he shooed them away, more specifically to the car to get those muffins, she was sure. Bailey could read him like a book, he was a good guy, but when he was hungry he couldn't seem to do much else until he got that food.

The Levy's unfortunately were too distraught to notice the exchange. "Gwen, we should go buy them some groceries. Maybe have some dinner ready when they get home. Sherriff won't let them stay here all night. He'll drive them home if he has to."

Gwen pursed her lips together, thinking carefully. "They did just get back from a business trip and Sam would have just gone out to eat the entire week they'd been gone. They probably don't have anything and they're definitely not going to think about it now. I think you're right. They probably won't let us help with the search party though we should still try to get into it, but we can help with that at least for sure."

"Good."

Sure enough, after everyone had consumed a muffin and coffee, they were gathering everyone, assigning leaders, and making every group member with neon yellow jackets sign the volunteer sheet, letting them know they were searching. As they'd gone up, however, both Gwen and Bailey were stopped.

"Absolutely not," Officer Wilson refused them the sheet. "People," he called, trying to get every persons attention, "females under the age of eighteen cannot go on this search. Given the criteria of the killer we just can't allow it. It would be irresponsible."

This unfortunately meant Damien and Grayson go. Bailey lifted her eyes seeing the agreement between the two boys she hadn't even spoken to since that morning. If Officer Wilson hadn't said it, they would have, and then they'd have spoken to the Sherriff about it who would agree whole heartedly. No girls, she and Gwen especially, would be in on this search.

Secretly Bailey was pleased with this decision, she would have been too afraid to be much help and she didn't know Sam.

"If that was me I wouldn't care about criteria, I'd want everyone, dog, cat, child out there looking for me! Mr. Levy, tell them we can help. You want us to help find your daughter, don't you?" Gwen spoke, her tone clipped with anger as she turned to the grieving parents for some form of agreement.

. Bailey smiled at her friend with admiration, wishing she was a little more like the other girl.

"Gwen, I appreciate your desire to help and as much as I want everyone out there searching for my little girl, I would never want this to happen to anyone else. I'm afraid I agree with Officer Wilson. You'll stay." Mr. Levy's voice shook with every word, but the finality in his voice was there and Bailey hoped Gwen would just let it go.

Gwen growled with anger, stomping her foot against the ground. "This is ridiculous," she took two full strides and shoved her face into Sherriff Lamberts, completely ignoring Officer Wilson, folding her arms in front of her chest. "Stop wasting time because I'm going."