04: Hello World Pt. 2 [3rd Draft]

Chapter Four: Hello World Pt. 2

Monday. April 19th, 2010.

Mrs. Stone's daughter must've been a very short ten-year-old, Bailey decided as she adjusted the short black skirt so that it at least reached the middle of her thighs. The tight material stretching across her bottom and chest hadn't bothered her when she was underneath her fall coat or when she'd been inside her house, but walking through the halls of Haven Prep she felt like a monster on display.

She reasoned that it was probably because she was new. That it had absolutely nothing to do with her butt hanging out of her skirt. What really got her was that her breasts, which usually she'd considered on the smallish side, felt like they would pop loose at any given moment. She actually felt busty today, but still extremely uncomfortable.

Bailey also had a longer torso than Mrs. Stone's daughter, apparently. The white tuxedo shirt that was supposed to be tucked in kept slipping loose, causing her to be lightly scolded by the teaching staff every so often. The only thing that worked with her outfit was the required black tie and, of course, her hair, which she'd put on either side of her head in a spiral fashion, allowing her bangs to dangle in front of her eyes with stray brown strands curving down her cheeks.

Bailey had felt different ever since they'd gotten to Haven, minus that massive mistake of a phone call and her initial anger at the move in the first place. She felt like something wonderful would happen, it was just that feeling that things were going to change, this time for the better. So when she'd gotten up this morning she'd actually put a little effort into her appearance and applied some smoky charcoal eye-shadow, matching mascara, and peach colored lip gloss. Though she refused the elegant high heeled shoes Mrs. Stone had assured would be to the highest fashion at school.

"I'd like to keep my feet," Bailey had explained to her.

She'd ignored the disapproving look Mrs. Stone had given her. It wasn't like she could please everyone after all.

Besides, putting on make-up was a big step for Bailey. It was unheard of for her. Gale had almost dropped the carton of orange juice when she'd walked into the kitchen that morning. Her mother speechless was new. Apparently, Mrs. Stone had been right about those dreaded high heels though because most of the females were wearing them when she'd gotten to school.

At least it wasn't dress code.

Throughout the day, with the multiple stares, the occasional dirty proposition, and teacher scolding's, she'd thanked her lucky stars she'd not worn those high heels. It would have been the proverbial cherry on top.

The school wasn't overly big, but the halls seemed to go on for day's none-the-less. While they weren't bulging with people like her old school, there was enough that she had to do awkward dodges to get through. It was because of this that her feet were killing her and she was wearing tennis shoes, another item she'd been scolded about since they weren't dress code. Bailey was positive most females at Haven Prep would like a minute or two alone with the ass that'd invented high heels. They must've been ready to die at the end of the day.

So, aside from teachers whom wouldn't give the new girl a break, the first few periods had gone by as if she'd never left her old school. People left her alone and she read, or caught up on the piles of homework that had been assigned whenever she had the chance.

It was around lunch time that things changed. It happened the minute she saw Gwendolyn Atherton. Staring at her, Bailey knew something had been set into motion. It was like fate. What would happen, she didn't know. It was just a feeling after all, just like the one that had made her apply make-up this morning, just like the ones that had ostracized her at her old school. She couldn't ignore it then either.