Chapter 7

"Are you ok?" Ryder asks.

I just stood there standing staring at him. He must've felt me stare at him because next thing I know he's looking right at me. He winked at me and carried on talking to whoever he was talking to.

All I felt is anger. I could feel the blood rushing through my veins and felt my breath get faster. I started looking around the room frantically for a way out of here. Suddenly i feel arms wrap around my waist from behind me and i knew it was Ryder. For some reason i felt calmer and safer. But i still needed to get out of here.

I throw Ryder's hands off me and speed walk to the kitchen to get to the back garden. Once i'm outside I instantly felt better taking in the fresh air. But i wanted to get far away. I walked down the stairs and nearly tripped over my heels.

I walked through their beautiful garden and admired the flowers until i got to a ledge and stared out over the city. 'oh how i wish i could be happy'

I was breathing in the fresh air and the nice smell of flowers when i heard footsteps. I spun around and there was someone right behind me getting ready to grab me.

"No let me go! Please don't hurt me!" I scream.

"Hey hey! it's okay it's just me." Said Ryder while stroking my arms with his hands. I hug him tight and let tears fall down my cheek. After a while i finally pull away and turn back to look out at the city again.

"Caitlyn what is going on?" Is what he asks

I thought about telling him the truth. But i just couldnt.

"uhm.. it was nothing i just felt a bit nervous." I told him.

He looked at me for a bit, examining me. I could tell he was trying to figure out if i was telling the truth or not. I looked at his face and sighed.

"My ex boyfriend is here." I finally said.

"So? You don't have to worry about him you guys are in the past." He tells me

"I-it's not that easy" I stutter

He kept looking at me expecting me to explain.

So I did.

"We dated when I was 16 and he was 17, nearly 18. At the time I was going through a bad phase and I fell pregnant." I started to feel the warm tears filling my eyes but I carried on. "He made me get rid of it, and keep it a secret, the only other person that knew was my friend Jackie. He didnt even come with me to the clinic." I took a deep breath in.

"That was the absolute worst day of my entire life."

I could see Ryder tense beside me. I look up at him and his jaw is clenched and he's looking in the direction of the house. I follow his stare and see him standing at the top of the steps. Ryder clenches his fists and walks towards him. Once Ryder had gotten to the top of the stairs he looked at him for a second before punching him square in the nose.

He falls to the floor and I freeze for what feels like a second but all of a sudden Ryder is walking back towards me.

"Come on, we're leaving." He says.

"But Ryder we haven't even been here for an hour, we can't disrespect your parents, I haven't even met them yet." I told him.

"I don't care you're more important then this stupid dance." He told me.

I froze for a second 'he cared about me.' I finally agreed and followed him to the car. Once we were in the car it was dead silent. Kai was driving and Carter was in the passenger seat while Ryder and I are in the back seat.

Ryder moved closer to me and grabbed my hand rubbing the back of it. 

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

I looked at him and he actually had a genuine look on his face.

"Yes I'm fine. Thank you Ryder." I said

"No problem Cat." He said and flashed a small smile.

The rest of the car ride was silent and Ryder never let go of my hand. I found myself admiring his features as he looked out his window. He a rose tattooed on the side of his neck and i decided it was my favorite on, it was big and beautiful and a lot of detail to it.

Soon we arrived back at the house and I headed straight to the shower. The warm water felt heavenly and if I could I would stay in here for the rest of my life. 

I got out and wrapped a towel around my body and walked across the room to my closet, Ryder was already lying on the bed with his shirt off and his arms behind his head. As soon as i walked out he looked up and me scanning me from head to toe.

"Like what you see?" I asked with a little wink.

"Yes actually I do." He replied quickly.

I didn't expect a reply so i quickly changed into a big t-shirt and some shorts and crawled into my side of the bed. I was pretty tired but i turned over and locked eyes with Ryder.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked.

"Yes Ryder I promise I'm fine." I replied

"Ok good." He said and turned over facing away from me.

"Goodnight Cat."

"Goodnight Ryder."

~~~~~~

I woke up in the middle of the night in Ryder arms. I snuggled closer, I felt safe in his arms. I smiled in Ryder's chest and then he stirred awake.

 "Hey, what are you doing up?" He asks in a husky voice.

 "I don't know I just woke up." I replied. 

His hold tightened around me causing a million butterflies to fly around my stomach.

"Thank you Ryder"

"For what?" He asked

"For tonight, i really appreciate what you did for me."

"No problem" he replied

My eyes felt heavy again and soon I was in a deep sleep.

Ryder's P.O.V

She fell asleep in my arms. I ran my fingers through her hair. And kissed her head. I lay there admiring her for a while before falling asleep.

'She's so beautiful. How could someone ever hurt her like that? She's so delicate and small.'

But then I thought about what I was doing. Why did I care so much? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys sorry for the really short chapters lately I'm having some personal issues. But I hoped you guys enjoyed it and if you did pls vote and comment.

Baii~😘😘