Chapter 10

This has writing that some readers may be sensitive to

He pulled out of the kiss and walked into my house. I was still kind of shaken by the fact that I just kissed his front line man, and now I just kissed him. Audrina, what have you gotten yourself into? Forget about what happened. Focus on Warren.

He turned to me, "what's wrong?"

Shit. Try to not be suspicious. I walked up to him, "what's wrong with me?" I held his arm, "look at who is deciding to be sweet all of a sudden." I looked up at him and he chuckled.

He looked down at me and held my chin with his finger, "don't push it, doll" he kissed me. "So it's Christmas, what's a 'Christmasy' thing to do?" He plopped down on my couch in front of the fireplace.

"I don't know," I laughed, "I've never celebrated Christmas." I plopped down next to him.

He wrapped his arm around the couch behind me. "Little Miss Wholesome family, never celebrated Christmas? Now that's a surprise."

"Please, my parents are too busy taking care of the world, trying to redeem themselves, instead of taking care of their only daughter." I scoffed.

"Ouch," he said sarcastically, "family problems, and on Christmas, no way." I playfully slapped him on the chest.

"And you Mister? Why are you pointing the finger at me? Where's your family?" I regretted saying that because it seemed as if I stabbed him in the chest. He shook it off, but I was scared for that split second.

"I haven't worried about them in a long time." He looked at me, "anyways, don't people drink hot chocolate by the fire or something?"

"I think I have some hot chocolate mix in the pantry." I got up to check.

"I've got the fire handled." He lit the fireplace from where he was sitting and just waited for me on the couch. I don't understand why he is acting this way. This is out of his norm. He literally wants to just sit down with me and drink hot chocolate by the fire. What drugs did he take this time? I finished making the hot chocolate and put some marshmallows in it. I handed him his drink and I sat down next to him. He wrapped his arm around me and brought me closer to him. I must be dreaming. What kind of drugs could I have taken? He is doing this for some reason right? He can't just be doing this because it's Christmas. He just held me close while we sat in silence looking at the fire place.

He placed his drink down and turned to me, "I have a little gift for you." Shit, I didn't think he would get me a gift. I didn't even get him a gift because I thought he would laugh at how childish that would be. Play it cool, Audrina. He pulled out a cassette tape from his jacket pocket that had my name written on it. "I made a tape of all of your favorite songs. I know how much you like retro things, so I thought you would enjoy it." He seemed awkward himself of how kind he was being. Which made me think he was even more handsome. Audrina, stop questioning his actions and just accept it. Who knows if he will ever be like this again.

"This is so wonderful, Warren!" I squeezed him.

He kissed me on the cheek when we released the hug, "I'm glad you love it." He smiled.

"I have my player in my bedroom! Let me run up and get it!" I was beyond excited.

He placed his hand on my knee, "don't worry I'll go get it, just stay here just the way you are." He smiled, got up and went up the stairs. I looked at the cassette tape and my heart felt so warm. I can't believe Warren would actually do this for me. Warren of all people. I held the cassette tape close to my heart.

*Warren's POV*

I can't believe I'm actually doing this. This was never supposed to happen. I walked up to her room and opened the door. The room screamed Audrina, with the black bed sheets and band merch on the walls. I walked around trying to find the player when something caught my eye. There was a red box on her desk with a white bow on it. This can't be my Christmas gift, could it? I don't think she would have gotten me one anyway. I surprised myself with getting her one. There was a note attached to the box and I picked it up. "...Run away with me..." it read. What in the fuck does that mean? This isn't her hand writing... who in the fuck gave her this. I looked all over the note for a name, and there was nothing. My whole body began to burn with rage. Who on earth would have the nerve to give this to my Audrina? I held the note in my hand and burned it to ashes. I grabbed the box and burned it as well. How dare she. She would never leave me, I'm all she has. Right? As I began to think about it more and more, the thought of her leaving me drove me mad. I composed myself and went downstairs.