Chapter 2

*this chapter isn't as detailed as I would like it to be, but here it is :) *

Surprisingly, Warren didn't ignore me. He was just himself. Close, yet distant. I want to go inside of his mind desperately, but I couldn't make myself do it. I don't want things to change. The thing is, he knows. Somehow, he knows that all he has to do is ask, and I will move the world for him. We haven't come as close as we did that other night, but I can see it in his eyes. He wants to do something, but I can't put my finger on it. There's a hunger in his eyes. We would exchange glances, and just talk. We would talk privately of course, either in person or we would message each other. We don't need the gang to start talking about us. I've been thinking about teaming up with him every minute of everyday. Today was the day for the save the citizen test. Yippee... the sarcasm is basically bleeding from my mouth.

"Audrina?" Zack called my name.

"Yeah, sorry," I smiled. We were at the lunch table, and I spaced out for what seemed like a lifetime. Layla was sitting on Will's lap and they were doing some sappy romantic crap.

Warren looked over at me and chuckled. I looked at him, he winked at me and I swear my heart burst into a million pieces. I couldn't help my cheeks turning pink. Collect yourself, Audrina.

"I was just asking if you practiced for the save the citizen test." He smiled.

"Um- yes and no." They laughed and I joined.

"Are you kidding me, Zack, she doesn't need to practice. She's got it in the bag." Layla was clearly trying to suck up to me but I ignored it. Will seemed tense. Was he really intimidated by me, or was it fear?

By the time I knew it, I was in the girls changing room getting ready for the competition. All of the other girls, including Layla, were chit chatting, and I would rather kill myself than be involved with girly chit chat.

I was walking down the hall when someone came up behind me. They grabbed my hips and brought me close to them. Then I heard him whisper, "guess who, Doll"

I practically came when he said that, "hello, Warren" I turned to him.

"Have you thought about us teaming up?" He grabbed my chin ever so gently and lifted my face.

"Yes, but isn't this test chosen at random?" I asked and he laughed. I felt so embarrassed, his laugh really made me feel belittled.

"Yes, but you can control minds, can't you?" I nodded, he looked at my lips then back to my eyes, "then, make them put us together." He smiled, that gorgeous smile that he knew controlled me.

He pulled me closer to him, his voice purred in my ears. "This will be a taste of how it will be, just the two of us against the world, Doll."

"What did I say about calling me 'Doll'?" I arched my brow, and he laughed.

"Someone is feisty," he then went to my ear and whispered, "I'll call you whatever I want to call you, Doll" his voice purred as he said 'Doll'. How in the world does this guy have such a hold on me? He knew it too. I just met this guy, and he already has a hold on me. I just, I feel like he brings out the person I really am. He then bit my ear, pretty hard I might add, but I enjoyed it.

I playfully pushed him off of me and he laughed. I didn't want to push him away, but I had to. I don't want to be his little toy, or do I? I sped ran off, I became invisible and walked into the gym. Okay, where is the main guy? I looked everywhere and I finally found him. He was sitting at the booth and I saw him picking the names from the box. I crept into his mind, 'Audrina Blackwell and Warren Peace are going to be on the same team.' He grabbed his pen then wrote our names in. I saw all of the other classes who just fought. Some are severely beat up, while some look like they didn't even raise a finger. I sped ran back to the hallway, and reappeared.